Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should LoL get make another map or 2?

Yes!! 12 92.31%
No!! 1 7.69%
Voters 13 .

League of Legends Maps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EonVortex

09-07-2010

I have found that a sum of players have stop playing LoL for some minor reasons, to find out the top reason I made a report on it, and I have come to learn that one of the top reasons that people have decided to stop playing is that the come to think the game gets "boring". I'm just a Averege Joy but I believe the excitment can be increased, new champions come quickly before I knew it there were 11 new champions out. But the champions isnt the reason the game is found boring at times, its the Cause that there is only 2 Maps, not counting tutorial. Thats Summoners Rift and Twisted TreeLine. Playing a basic 5v5 or 3v3 weather it be ranked or non-ranked, these two maps are the decline of the games intrest. Demacia, Noxus, and the league it self are the only places that are said about the game, which lead to question what about the rest of the world, is there a rest of the world? All I'm saying is, new champions is good and all, yes it keeps people coming and guessing, but to keep people from going, there needs to be another map to throw down. Maybe a 4v4 or a 2v2 for those who dont like big fights or for those you want a change. Does this world of the league of legends have a large water area like an ocean? Does it have a dessert? questions being asked and people are thinking if this game is worth the time, My opion yes its worth, could it be better? Sure, everything can. Is the better far off? No its not and its up to riot to decide how far this game will go!!

IPlayWithSinged

09-07-2010

Ugh. Big block of text. Didn't read it all. There should be a map thats 100% jungle. Somehow they should incorporate minions too.

Teryon

09-07-2010

If you host a practice game, you can see a "world map" with many different regions. I don't know when they will procure us with another map, but it would be nice to see that world map filled out

JCalton

09-07-2010

They should definitely always have an extra map on Test. They could also reveal that there IS a map being tested, but not show it. Or give general details.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

09-07-2010

You should read the Journal of Justice (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/../story/issue-1-13-july-20-cle) and these quotes by Riot Employees

Quote:
Zileas:
Yeah, we have a few things in the pipe to work on. Not sure when they will be done. At present, we are contemplating some game modes, as well as a new 5v5 map that is less gankey

Quote:
Ryedan:
I can't say anything specific, but the entire work-flow for making a map is being revamped. They're working on streamlining it as well as hiring more strictly-game-artists to build assets.

It is STAGGERING how much work goes into all the assets for Summoner's Rift, and they had to redo it all for Twisted treeline. We aren't talking texture swaps. Between that and the new champions, the new skins, and various other things, the game artists have a lot on their plate.

Quote:
Ryedan:
We've been playtesting a functional mockup of the map for a while now, and I just got a chance to see some of the new assets in production. It's awesome!

Unfortunately, a release isn't exactly "right around the corner". The asset team has been working on other projects at the same time, so their work is very split (note - more than just champions, to tease you).

Quote:
TastyFresh:
Indeed. New maps are in the works.

You are always welcome to shout out ideas though. They get read.

Quote:
RiotJeffJew:
Read the November issue of PC Gamer when it comes out

BIiind

02-26-2011

I agree, the same maps are boring, and i think they should atleast come out with one more. It cant be THAT hard.

OmniOmega

02-26-2011

Magma Chambers is in the works and coming out Soon (tm). It's a larger 5v5 map that has teleporters. The blueprints and concept art for the map has already been released.

Also, massive necro.

Ez0 Prush

02-26-2011

Quote:
BIiind:
I agree, the same maps are boring, and i think they should atleast come out with one more. It cant be THAT hard.

It's not easy designing a functioning game that works and many people actually enjoy playing. There is a LOT of work behind what Riot is doing in creating champions, skins and maps. Not to mention all the changes in champions/items they have to make weekly.

Krowzz

04-06-2011

I love the idea of a new map. I'm getting bored of same maps. Make one with two respone points or some i dont really care i just want a new map.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-07-2011

If you think the burden of knowledge is high now, try playing a game where you need to memorize 5-10 or more different maps in case you get placed in one. If you don't, you'll lose to that guy who you're better than, but has played more so he knows the maps better.

That's it. I'm starting a text file of the reasons they don't have a new map out, and I'll post it in this forum when it's done. I'm starting to get a tad peeved at people who complain about 'no new maps,' when they're either the same who complain the learning curve is too steep, or simply refuse to read the above posts.