Season one ruined League for me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iaw

09-07-2010

Only advice I can give is to not take solo queue ranked seriously. Its a joke, top players know its a joke, and I think Riot does too, they just won't admit it. I will say that league of Legends is the only competitive team based game, i've played, where you are only as good as your worst player, or players. Meaning that even if you go 50-1 in a game and get 300+CS and 5 buildings destroyed. If the rest of your team is 0/20, there is no way you are going to win.

That essentially is why solo queue is a joke. Top players know this already, i've seen 5 seperate high elo players say this on stream, and not out of frustration, just honestly.

Try not to take it seriously for your health.

WAAAAAAAAA

09-07-2010

cool story

bro.

Sparro

09-07-2010

I would say season one over all hurt the league more then it helped it for the avarge player.

Bad players can still play normal or end up in low elo hell and will never notice a diffence in the game.

Avarge players notice that normal has become horrid and nothing worth the fun it use to be.

The avarge player also notices that in ranked people arn't haveing fun anymore and the game as turned into too much of a do your best or gtfo kind of thing. Now for people who are in school and have no lifes after and can play 8 hours a day this is no problem. For people who can only play a few games a day this has made the game totaly unfun.

For the good players who could quickly move out of low to mid elo and hold that place though the hell of hte first few weeks of season one while the bored became more stable they are fine. They will end up with the people who even if they only play a few times a day are better and won't ever really drop. For these people the game is still fun as everyone is good enough to just have fun and still stay out of **** elo.

For the pros nothing changes they still stomp and always will.

Over all people of the causal style well end up HATEING the league because its becomeing too hard to get into. Your either boned and end up in low elo hell and never have fun cause the games are always so one sided to you or your enemy. The mid elo is just who makes the first mistake and the ragers are everywere cause these are the people who want to get better but cant.

The high elo is fine and there's little problem here as people who can MAKE it here will normaly end up being able to hold it.

Pro level elo will be the same reguardless

kanifey

09-07-2010

I'm glad someone bought up the matchmaking system being a complete joke.... Because it really is, the more you win the more you get punished for it by having terrible players on your team. The more you lose the more you get rewarded by having good players on your team. Sounds pretty fair to me.... No wonder good players who actually care about their elo can't get out of elo hell. I have learned however that elo is a complete joke and you shouldn't take it seriously. You could be one the best players in the world and still have a 50/50 win/loss ratio thanks to the awesome matchmaking system specially designed to make the game FUN!!

Hog0vHwZTWyohxRT

09-07-2010

Before S1, normal games were usually fair and fun, took awhile.

After S1, stomp or get stomped.

this true

In2oIRynox

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooch View Post
Ever since season one has come out I find myself having less and less fun in league. I've had game after game ruined by single people. The big ones for me is the stupid trash talking and the incessant feeding that can ruin a game. I've tried playing normal games and ranked games, but overall it's just not fun anymore. If you don't get lucky with your team composition vs their composition in normal (try to actually get a team composition in a normal game and see how that goes it's hard enough in ranked) you lose. The whole fun part about league when the game started up was that you wouldn't die because you wouldn't get instagibbed while stunned. Unfortunately now it just seems that more heroes are going to just keep getting released but the overall problems with the game are just becoming the same as DotA where you can lose a game for things entirely out of your control. It's just gotten old.

/uninstall
Quit crying and move on!

KyuzoS7

09-07-2010

i noticed a bit of a difference after going into season 1 something ingame changed that gave me a wtf moment forgot what it was though.

FoxAmidstStars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2010

One less whiner.

/waves and leaves

XeroForeverxf

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXByakuyaXx View Post
That excuse is mostly for noobs. At high Elo, like yesterday, hotshotgg team was consist of teemo mal nid and 2 other subpar champs and owned a team with garen morg amumu etc.

Also good players don't QQ, they adapt. Learn to pick what your team needs.

Finally, bye, not like I care.
This fella right here has a point. See I know how dumb players is pugs can be so I look at who everyone is playing, if we lack a tank, I will play Cho, if we lack ad... well I haven't found a champ that suits my style of play ad wise, and if we are lacking ap I play Annie. Try to play champs that aren't so team dependent and I'm sure your teams won't be half as bad.

Sardoni

09-07-2010

The HoN crowd is migrating to LoL. Only reason the community is headed in the direction it is.