Mid-July Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mysnomer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Nerfs nerfs nerfs. Bleh. Were Philo and HoG really too good? No, they were unique in their nigh ubiquitous appeal, which made them great all around items. Which we need more of, not less of. That's how you get diverse builds, when people can utilize more things. I'm no DotA fan who sings the endless praises of DotA's unique mechanics, but I see so much homogenization going on in LoL, Twitch is now a standard AD carry, Evelynn functions best as a bruiser, stealth based gankers are getting a massive nerf this patch. Boring boring boring. I don't even know if I'll bother to play Twitch after this, I was saving up to get a jungle runepage for him, but now what's the point? Man, you know what might have blown this stagnant meta out of the water? Viable permanent stealth characters. Guess what LoL will never have...yeah. What I'm trying to say is, I really want to like this game, but you don't make it easy, Riot.

Fathonian

07-19-2012

what do i do if is been loading for 5 hours and says 231 hours left than 1 minute then 231 hours and back and forth until i close it out then re open it and it loads to 92 and 88 then stops loading? please help i might cry

xDMDx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

So was changing jax and corki's art not worth mentioning in the notes?

Drewmighty

07-19-2012

I want a Hecarim buff! come on his scaling on Q is terrible!

fchs warrior

07-19-2012

what does the video card driver mean and is there a specific kind for a type of computer?

NinjaMasterT

07-19-2012

u did great but i would make some new things sona decrease her cd increase mana and it said her auras don't linger for long but when i played it doesn't linger at so when we were ganked the armor and speed aura didn't stay on long enough one other thing i would fix is twitch can you please increase his ambush to at least 20-30 secs? because with just 8 secs its runs out to fast letting the enemy find u quickly and if your team mates are getting there late 8secs is not enough.

NuckaChucka

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitanine View Post
y u destroy Urgot
Because I just bought his crab skin and started playing him thats why....

ffs.

The Gifted

07-19-2012

So happy about the fix on reconnect glitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! About to cream my shorts in fact.

ThaddeusMike

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I wanted us to do a patch preview where we just said:

"Remakes to Evelynn, Twitch, Xin Zhao and a major reconnect fix in this patch preview"

Then drop the mic and the floor and yell WE OUT.

Would have been a good vid imo.
Would have been a great video.

Would have been a worthless preview for all the other changes you made. I'm starting to think you actually took this thread as challenge http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2312654

Don't get me wrong, I liked the Sona changes, and I do understand the concern about gp10 stacking on laners, but you still haven't fixed supports. If you need to give supports too much power to make them satisfying/balanced, if supports that can play other lanes are always considered problematic, if the core mechanics of supports are abusable by other lanes, then maybe you need to seriously re-think supports. You have intentionally neglected supports (nothing between Karma, who flopped hard, and Lulu, which means one support in the almost 2 years I've been playing). There is a reason support players think you don't like support: your actions support that hypothesis better than any other. Supports are reliant on gp10. It is their main source of income and the only option reliable option available to them. An equivalent nerf would be something like a price increase on MPen items or the removal of geometrically self-scaling AD items (IE is the worst offender). You continue to nerf the core mechanic of a class that is already under-valued and under-appreciated but necessary by game design.

Bandicoot

07-19-2012

R.I.P scouting with long stealth, but thank you for finally giving Twitch his ult back