Mid-July Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beleth69

07-19-2012

i don't mind most of it but.....wtf why nerf nocture...........?! that's just sad.

Necrash Wolfcrux

07-19-2012

Evelyn Got the SUPPER NERF HAMMER OF DESTRUCTION!!! While before u have 10 seconds of attackspeed and movespeed refreshed like 4 seconds after u use it cause the enemy died now its 3 seconds from 10 omfg.... Rework is a ubber nerf!!!

Shen u can nerf him again and again he is still gona get banned cause u can make him do 1dmg all game long and he still Ubber viable for competitive play why -50% dmg on taunt and ULT that if coordinated with team saves critical kills every time!!! enuff said shen does not need another nerf lol u need to somehow rework his ult if u wana see him not get banned.

Who do you have working the balance in this game jeezzz its all math.... every time I look at the new buff debuffs 70% of em dont make any sence.

Basically for instance if a character has the potential to kill u in 6 seconds and u give him a 3 second stun... a 3 second dodge on another character does not make it counter it unless he can dispatch in the same 6 seconds a -50% dmg for 6 seconds would be more balanceing ability.... hence % ratios. CC need to be factored in better. u keep playing with dmg increased dmg decreased lol... there is characters that u can nerf the dmg down 10 fold and ill still kill most but just take me way way longer.... exacly 10x longer!!!

Meru448

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I wanted us to do a patch preview where we just said:

"Remakes to Evelynn, Twitch, Xin Zhao and a major reconnect fix in this patch preview"

Then drop the mic and the floor and yell WE OUT.

Would have been a good vid imo.
twitch nerfs are too severe. the first round was bad enough.

Now he is probably around 35% weaker.

To elaborate - Stealth from a vanilla of 60 seconds, to 50. then 8. are you serious? 4 baseline is barely enough to move from bush to bush. minimum should remain 10, cap at 35.
Venom cask - weaker than debilitating poison, but fits more with his character.
Expunge - only buff, scaling w/ AD
Ult - Nerf in range by 150 range, back to vanilla no-ammo system, but a nerf in damage.
Passive - now shows stacks via animation, kind of neat. but no change.
Range increase from 500 to 550. Nice, but not enough.
Movement speed is still super slow
and you nerf his AD?
  • Base Attack Damage reduced to 47 from 51.56
  • Attack Damage per level reduced to 3 from 3.3
  • Really?
I'd like to add, that I probably have more games on twitch than the next two highest people combined.
These "changes" (nerfs) sicken me. as I said before, the first round was enough (stealth/ult nerf)

Pansy Pang

07-19-2012

nice job riot keep up the great work!

Czxr

07-19-2012

STILL haven't fixed the bug that makes the UI flicker constantly for many of those with SLI/Crossfire enabled. It's been like 3 months (the bug came with the new UI). GG Riot.

Lenarin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

Philo stone nerf is less than one HP per second and people are freaking out because its USELESS :-)

TheGiriel

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenarin View Post
Philo stone nerf is less than one HP per second and people are freaking out because its USELESS :-)
But aren't you aware that .6 hp per seconds are capable of changing the tides of a game?
And no, I'm not taking this whining serious, I think it's both embarassing and sad.

Ryuusui

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

No more nuclear fission AP Tristana, thank god.

Edasich

07-19-2012

I've been dying to pick up a standard pick for ranked play (I mainly use Garen, who's a counter pick), and it looks like Xin Zhao is it. :-)

Meru448

07-19-2012

old expunge

Deals 30/60/90/120/150 (+1) magic damage to each nearby poisoned enemy, plus 20/30/40/50/60 additional damage per stack of Deadly Venom applied to them.

new expunge

• 70/75/80/85/90 Mana, 12/11/10/9/8 second Cooldown
  • Deals 20/35/50/65/80 plus 15/20/25/30/35 (+0.2 Ability Power) (+0.25 bonus Attack Damage) per stack of Deadly Venom as physical damage to all nearby enemies affected by Deadly Venom
  • No longer removes Deadly Venom stacks
Looks like a nerf to me. even factoring in the scaling.

Edit - wow, that expunge nerf is actually brutal I was just guesstimating before but.

Assume you have 250 AD which is about a twitchs mid-game

New expunge is still absolutely terrible in comparison to old expunge.

old - 150 + 360 -> 510
new - 80 + 35(62) -> 662
62 comes from 250 ad (which you wont have until mid-late game) your also losing 9 ad due to the nerfs