Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mid-July Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wulfy

Recruiter

07-19-2012

Quote:
Nasdrovia499:
"AP ratio dropped"...Really ?

Q doesn't last, but offers full AS buff whenever you appear, instead of the previous conditions (buffed only if you auto-attack'd from Stealth, buff duration scaled with stealth duration which sucked). Besides it relies more on skill than it did before (hurrr Ima afk behind you for 20 seconds until you're in perfect position).

Passive was nerfed, but only because it applies faster now. Most of the time you couldn't have 6 stacks applied in early (which is the most important phase for Twitch), now thanks to the "easymode" AS buff and the new W it should be pretty easy to reach full stacks.

DPS on ult...we'll have to see. iirc they increased the missile speed (or do they automatically hit now ?) so it's far easier to hit an enemy even if he tries to juke. More hits, more poison stacks, more dps.

Are you looking at the same kit? Q offers a 5 second steroid. The old Twitch gained a 10 second steroid at the half time mark. So, let's say he was at max rank, this meant twitch got the same 5 second steroid after going into stealth for 12.5 seconds. Which would be more time to maneuver without "hurr-durr afk 20 seconds" and if I did stay longer, it would last for as long as I like and gain more duration. Also, it takes a different kind of skill. Not necessarily less or more, but it forces a different use because the duration is crappy. And easy mode attack speed steroid isn't the best trade off I've ever had. If I wanted easy, I'd pick graves, get free armor and dash for steroid with free cooldown per hit. Another trade off is the increase in cooldown on this move. That is also pretty bullsh*t, and most likely and utterly indefensible point.

The passive doesn't necessarily (theoretically?) apply faster. Perhaps more consistently, but the passive with the old slow would still be applied fairly quickly because the slow would become stronger with each poison stack. I will admit it is to say which is "quicker" between attacking twice, slowing, then continuing to stack as opposed to getting two stacks for free, but you need to acknowledge that the decrease on damage per seconds from old twitch's passive would make up for this difference at most levels. It's close, but either way negligble. Either way, the damage is lost, and that should really be the focus. 0.5-20(ish?) damage may not seem like much, but it is. And screw the expunge stack rule. If someone played old Twitch enough, they would patiently wait on expunge's burst as long as possible.

The ultimate might actually do less damage now than previously.

on three targets, it hits 20% less per shot per unit. So if the tank is in front taking 50 reduced damage, and the middle person takes 40 reduced damage and the last person takes 30 reduced damage (some ideal world were the enemy team lines up perfectly), then twitch would deal:

100-50=50 to tank for one shot VS 50
80-40=40 to tanky dps for one shot 60
64-30=34 to ad carry for one shot 70

The ones on the left at 2 attacks per second (being generous) would be about

50+40+34=124*14= 1736

this is versus
50+60+70=190*7=1330

This means that *IF* they were to have left Twitch's ultimate the same, but increased his ammo, it would only take 2 shots to rival (at 1710) the damage he could do now.

Analysis: The difference at nine shots for the ammo system would be made up by his unscrewed passive because both sets of the above would leave his foes at 6 venom stacks. If one were to account for expunge, then I must admit that the new twitch would deal more damage, but I am analyzing only the ultimates. I could assume new twitch has the old ultimate to standardize, so I will. Which might beg the question, even if you made new twitch have the old ultimate at nine shots, what's the point?

His old ultimate covers more range. Riot has nerfed his range on his ultimate by about 200. With this, one could hit move minions and more enemies. Shoudl they have, say, thornmail, hitting minions without the new ultimates' drawback of reduced damage could certainly save the rat's life. Furthermore, the new ultimate was tested against pretty low armored tanks. A real tank would reduce damage by about 70 percent. Even carries buy GA or similar items, making their armor higher as well. With possible damage output lowered so long as they remain in the back of the ultimates range, the old ultimate will rapidly find its damage close tot he new ults' damage thus making it superior even with the ammo system draw back.

Conclusion:

Twitch is still stronger. He can lane and gain items better. However, his hypercarry prowess is weaker. He gets shut down much more easily by clever or just careful players. The stealth does not last long, which means if you see him on a ward, he's neaby even if you can't see him for a short time. He doesn't have as much inherent armor, which makes him a weaker duelist. He now has some of the worst AD of all AD carries, and his new w requires a decision making dilemma that previously did not exist.

Even though I love twitch and will continue playing him regardless of what happens and even enjoy the changes, I feel compelled to acknowledge a few of the fundamental changes make him, all in all, weaker. His game's changing may not be all bad. He's different. I think the weakness are:

Damage reduction on ultimate. This is stupid and should be removed.

Passive damage reduction. This is stupid and should be removed.

Ambush's stealth delay (from being attacked)should be reduced. This is not long term stealth, and it should not be treated as if it is.

Ambush's stealth should be 10 second at max level rather than 8. This could be done through:
6/7/8/9/10 OR 4/5.5/7/8.5/10
I kinda prefer the latter.

Expunge's ability power ratio was a miscue on my part. Scratch my comment entirely about it because I forgot it was per stack. I think .5 would be funny though. 3 AP ratio on one skill. It wouldn't win games, but it'd be hilarious to just blow up the same guy with ridiculous harass.

Remove or increase the minimum damage. I don't understand this 40% love Riot has for abilities like this, but that is simply too low. High priority targets won't get hit by a bypassing ability and will ignore it. The range decrease on top of this is simply outrageous. I guess I would personally be happy to have one or the other. Both nerfs to this skill just feels unfair.

InShortSight

07-19-2012

No more ghost minions and phantom tryndamere woot luv yu riot woo

Aila81

07-19-2012

Actually Twitch got narfed. His invis time reduced and ad atk damage and passive reduced. Twitch no longer an adc now. need 1.25 sec to invis and will last 4 sec at lvl 1 lol.

Alakdan

07-19-2012

Overbuffed Gangplank, this wasn't needed at all, refunding 50% of mana would be enough for sure, now his jungle and top will be unstoppable...
But overall, good patch.

RefuzioN

07-19-2012

buff lee sin and malphite

Hluu

07-19-2012

Aww ****, are my days of one sided fights against carries as Malphite over? D:

"I predict the bonus will be increased to 40% in the near future*

xThe Fuhrerx

07-19-2012

i was going 16/4/20 as teemo and then the servers went off.... -_-

TheSn0wLeopard

07-19-2012

i need u to fix error code 107 8-}

HolyPikeman

07-19-2012

Hate the gold per 10 nerfs.

There should really be more rage about punishing pure tanks and supports!

Acinicus

Recruiter

07-19-2012

Cant believe that Riot hasn't realised that Darius is still so OP and needs to be nerfed