Rammus or Mordekaiser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hoactzin

09-06-2010

I've just started (last week) and am just level 11. I've done a lot of research and decided on either Rammus or Mordekaiser for my next champion (Already bought Nasus and Amumu and loving them both) and am having trouble deciding which one to get. I enjoy the idea of tanking for my team with Rammus, but I really have a few cool ideas for Mordekaiser's shield and skills. Which one do you think is more fun? (I'm not terribly interested in tiers right now, mostly just wanting rule of fun)

Also, friends. I would kind of like to get to know people. Wassup?

Schokcha

09-06-2010

Morde is a ton of fun, but Rammus is the better tank.

That said, I'd still rather play Morde. He makes for epic One-Man-Army games if fed.

FogOfWarSlayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

if ur going from the fun factor pick rammus theres so many diff things u can do with him. ap/tank/carry razors and his skills all around are fun. if ur going for the better champion of the 2 u go for morde. hes not anywhere near the support as rammus. but a good morde can 1v3 1v4 a entire team.

Hoactzin

09-06-2010

Gosh, 2 different opinions already. This forum is active. Thanks for the contributions, keep them coming please!

deputatu

09-06-2010

Well first and foremost you have to understand their roles .

- Rammus is a full fledged tank , he has a taunt, a damage mitigation skill which increases his armor/mr , a gap closer with slow.

- Mordekaiser is a pusher with the ability to tank but not equally well. He`s considered probably the best pusher/farmer in the game.

I find mordekaiser to be a bit more fun because of the fear you can inspire in people, nothing like pushing people back to their tower and harassing them because your shield takes the heat. The only problem with mordekaiser is that lategame his killing power drops, at the moment garen is considered to be mordekaiser v2.0 because he has the same survivability and superior killing power but i wouldn`t trade my 1v3 moments with morde for no spining dude

If there`s sth else that interests you, feel free to ask.

Sovot

09-06-2010

Rammus is the bane of any physical damage reliant champion. He has an amazing single target taunt, is able to quickly fly around the map with powerball, can take insane amounts of bust with defensive curl, and can shred towers with tremors.

Believe me, there's nothing scarier than a Rammus if you're a squishy carry. You'll literally murder yourself just by hitting him.

ShadySam

09-06-2010

Rammus is great if you got a decent team. Morde better for solo games.

selenvar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

Mord is an amazing tank if you stack HP regen..

however for this to work they have to have a realllllllyyy beefy character on the other team so you can put your ult on them.

(one game i did this and fought against a Vlad with 7000 HP and i was getting about 600 hp regen/1)

c00L3r

Banned

09-07-2010

Malphite is really strong now. You should try to play him. I own ryze, but looks like Malphite gets zero dmg from my skills. Rammus is good only if he takes his armor and m.res, but then he has bad escape abilities, while Malphite can use his big range slow or a knockout to escape.

Schokcha

09-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by selenvar View Post
Mord is an amazing tank if you stack HP regen..

however for this to work they have to have a realllllllyyy beefy character on the other team so you can put your ult on them.

(one game i did this and fought against a Vlad with 7000 HP and i was getting about 600 hp regen/1)
Don't do this.

1. You need some HP Regen, but don't stack it (in particular don't get Warmogs). What you really want is mitigation (armor and mres) because your shield is also affected by that.

2. You don't usually ult the beefiest character (only if you really need the heal), but preferably physical carrys. That Ghost hurts.