Blue screen of death

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eddy is Cute

09-06-2010

Recently while I've been playing LoL my laptop seems to crash with a blue screen. It only happens when I'm playing LoL. I've tried lowering the graphics and it doesn't seem to work. I can hardly get 2 games in a row without my laptop shutting down. I don't know what to do, so before I reformat my laptop I figured I may as well ask here for any fixes.

Eddy is Cute

09-07-2010

bump

Sisaroth

09-08-2010

How old is your laptop?
If he's older than 2 years there is probably to much dust in it.
Try this program http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php (tried this myself, no virusses in it) to see the temperature of your CPU.
If it is often above 60C you might need to clean it out (take it to were you bought if you don't know how to do it yourself).

Eddy is Cute

09-08-2010

The laptop is less then a year old. I'll try the program now, thanks for at least trying to help

EDIT: For the temperature it has around 60C. If I were to buy a new fan for my laptop would it fix the problem?

Sisaroth

09-08-2010

In case your fan is broken, than you must replace it.
But it can be just to much dust inside and just cleaning it should solve it.

You could also use a vacuum-cleaner and just use it on all openings of your laptop, without opening the case of your laptop. I tried this on my laptop and the temperatures are a bit lower now, and i didn't had bsod since i did this. But i read on other forums that this may damage your pc. So if you want to be safe you'd better just take it to a profesional so he can see if there is a fan broken or to remove the dust.

Also try to place your laptop on smooth surfaces to increase air circulation, don't place it on cloth.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2010

Can you post the bluescreen for me? If you can take a picture of it with a cellphone or something, if you can't take note of:

1) The 0x Code (EG: 0x000007B)
2) Any reference to a driver (EG: ABC.sys)

It'll help determine what is causing the issue, or at least try to =-)

User

09-08-2010

I used to have almost the same problem, I would start lol and then when im about to go into a game my tv shows it has no signal. The way I fixxed it, Redownloaded lol. It also could be your temp. in your computer

Eddy is Cute

09-09-2010

@Eambo, I'll try playing again and try to see if i can see it. But I'm unable to take a picture.
@User If it is a problem with my temp why does it only happen when im on LOL?

Eddy is Cute

09-09-2010

I just got the blue screen now before minions even spawned, the 0x000007B error was there amongst other ones with lots of 0's, I wasn't able to find a error about a driver, although I didn't have very much time

Eddy is Cute

09-09-2010

bump