Common problems and probable solutions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JamesMoh

09-10-2009

I dont know where to write it, so write it here:
today i played Mr. Mundo and used "Teleport" abillity on 2nd middle red team tower and stuck "inside" it ;D i can us abillities, but cant move.
then I had to make a "Recall" to base... but "teleport" abillity is CDind :'(

Never Knows Best

09-10-2009

when entering the game the chat box sometimes will display text and sometimes it won't

just a small concern

JamesMoh

09-11-2009

1) In Teemo's profile viewing has a mistake! In "Abilities" Move Quick and Toxic Shot abilities discription is in a wrong places! "Move Quick" described as Toxic Shot and "Toxic Shot" described as Move Quick.

2) In Kayle's profile: Reckoning ability - mistake again "Deals extrime damge"

3) Tryndamere's summoner profile: Spinning Slash ability has an Teemo's Toxic Shot ab. picture ;D

P.S Janna sucks...

Unex

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
4) When I enter a game, everything is black except for my hud and healthbars

Most likely cause 1: anti-aliasing is forced to on. Turning off anti-aliasing in the video card settings (I wish I could give exact instructions but I don't have a nvidia/ati console to look this up.)

Most likely cause 2: Toon line-ing is causing problems. Lowering to low character settings can fix this problem.

Most likely cause 3: The graphics card is not shader 2.0 or is very low memory like 64MBs (some shader 2.0 cards don't crash).
Just wanted to say removing anti-aliasing on a Gforce 9600GT solved this problem in my case. Thanks.

ShiftyTys

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosaj View Post
Confirmed issue for me on a GTX 285.

I can't say 100% it was just trying to force Anti-Aliasing, but I tried to force AA and a few other settings for LoL in the nvidia control panel and had to play a match were all I could see was champions running around on a black plane. No spell or skill effects either. It was...fun!
Second that on the GTX285, obviously will happen on all card with forced AA. hopefully a fix is in the works... i like my 16 AA...

MrLidenbrock

09-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
4) When I enter a game, everything is black except for my hud and healthbars

Most likely cause 1: anti-aliasing is forced to on. Turning off anti-aliasing in the video card settings (I wish I could give exact instructions but I don't have a nvidia/ati console to look this up.)
In fact, I believe it's quite simple for Nvidia gchips: Just go to your desktop, right click it, and select "Nvidia Control Panel". Then go to the global options and change the AA settings. Want a screenshot (in german, cuz my system's german)?

Greetings,

j

edit: I'm using a Geforce 8400M, since I'm playing on my notebook.

CharlesJay36

09-18-2009

When I launch the game... everything starts up fine. I get to the main menu, then click on my summoner profile and it opens up just fine. Though when I click on the RUNES tab... the game crashes with and error:
LOLClient.exe has stopped working. Then I can click for a solution.

- I'm wondering if this is because I have too many runes? (if you click get runes, then click X you can repeat this process a number of times) If this is the problem... how can I reduce my ammount... or ditch them entirely... otherwise... please help

-Chuck

marc2011

09-21-2009

First problem.In some moments all abilities of using hero are unavailable until enemy hero hit your hero(at that moment all abilities are available). Second problem. i can`t shift Russian language to English in game. I have speak with smiles.

hohums

Software Engineer

09-23-2009
17 of 27 Riot Posts

2 things it could be:
(From known problems and solutions)

Patcher problems
The patcher does not let me click the play button and it does not say offline (most likely you see swirly page loading symbols with no content).

Most likely cause Active scripting is disabled.
open up internet explorer. Go to tools -> options -> Security -> Active scripting (near the bottom) -> Enable -> OK. Restart the launcher.

or

You may be using an older version of the patcher. While most people have switched, last week or the week before a few people may have missed the announcement.

Please reinstall again using the installer at http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/download

Mittens McKitten

09-23-2009

Hi, im new to this area of the forums, but hoping i can get some love ^^

When i start my LoL game up, it goes on to retrieving version information, i dont get any activity what so ever. no swirling circles that are suppose to make me feel good. i just get a shiny box that is fun to stare at for about 30 secs tops, ill try to include any information that may help, but if i miss something that can be helpfull please let me know.

start game
nothing happens.
close game.

kk so may not be helpfull but i did download the new version and everything was working great. went to work, arrived home to stare at a colorful box. please help QQ

much love to anyone that takes any amount of time to help and thank you

(EDIT) Also note: Active scripting is enabled aswell. figured i would give that a try as not to waste someones time. no help tho.

P.s. Also if this problem has been solved and the answer is in this library of tech~e~ problems i appolagize for not finding the answer. i did look however, the information is always the last place you look, and im sure someone knows a guy that knows a guy that figured this problem out, so ima go to sleep and hope to wake up to a nice christmas gift ^^

(EDIT x2) FIXED!!! everything is fine now.