Common problems and probable solutions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Rando

08-22-2009

Quote:
3) Game runs slow, slow input for menus, scrolling etc...

Most likely cause: Integrated graphics card. These cards may support shader 2.0 but are normally cut down versions of their dedicated counterparts. They also share memory with the system. We can identify these cards by looking in either the r3dlog for dxdiag for the video card. If you can't identify if your card is integrated or dedicated by searching google send in these files to this forum so we can identify it for you.
Not sure if my issue fits this description. If it does, you've already answered my question. If not...

When I play, I "unlock" my camera. When I move the cursor to the edge of the screen there is a delay before sliding the screen in that direction. Otherwise the game runs just fine: I don't think its particularly slow (although things like active cursor highlighting is slightly delayed), but this "scroll lag" is particularly frustrating:

ex- you hold the cursur to the right edge of the screen, it takes a second (a second which could have been used getting a last hit). Then you overestimate the time and the screen slides too far. Now you're waiting another second to slide the screen back the other direction.

For your information:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.5GHz
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (integrated--I THINK its 256MB shared)
Vista HP 32-bit
Virtual Mem set to 3GB constant.

Thanks for your help!

"She's okay, GAME ON!"

hohums

Software Engineer

08-24-2009
14 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rando View Post
Not sure if my issue fits this description. If it does, you've already answered my question. If not...

When I play, I "unlock" my camera. When I move the cursor to the edge of the screen there is a delay before sliding the screen in that direction. Otherwise the game runs just fine: I don't think its particularly slow (although things like active cursor highlighting is slightly delayed), but this "scroll lag" is particularly frustrating:

ex- you hold the cursur to the right edge of the screen, it takes a second (a second which could have been used getting a last hit). Then you overestimate the time and the screen slides too far. Now you're waiting another second to slide the screen back the other direction.

For your information:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.5GHz
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (integrated--I THINK its 256MB shared)
Vista HP 32-bit
Virtual Mem set to 3GB constant.

Thanks for your help!

"She's okay, GAME ON!"
Sounds odd. Not sure whats going on there. Doesn't sound like framerate. Do you have the fast terrain mode on?

Supra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

08-25-2009

I having a very weird problem, the game crashes everytime when im playing it... the whole screen turns different colors then i have to reboot my computer...

Thanter

08-26-2009

The AMD Dual Core Optimizer fixed my video issues. Thanks

Spoof

08-27-2009

4) When I enter a game, everything is black except for my hud and healthbars

Most likely cause 1: anti-aliasing is forced to on. Turning off anti-aliasing in the video card settings (I wish I could give exact instructions but I don't have a nvidia/ati console to look this up.)

Most likely cause 2: Toon line-ing is causing problems. Lowering to low character settings can fix this problem.

Most likely cause 3: The graphics card is not shader 2.0 or is very low memory like 64MBs (some shader 2.0 cards don't crash).

---------------------------------------------------

a way to fix this problem could be to go into video options and mark fast terrain

PorcupineLord

08-27-2009

Most likely cause 1: anti-aliasing is forced to on. Turning off anti-aliasing in the video
card settings (I wish I could give exact instructions but I don't have a nvidia/ati console to look this up.)

Give me directions how to do this please... telling me to turn off anti aliasing in the video card settings is useless if i dont know how to get to card settings. Gimme step by step instructions please

hohums

Software Engineer

08-29-2009
15 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorcupineLord View Post

Most likely cause 1: anti-aliasing is forced to on. Turning off anti-aliasing in the video
card settings (I wish I could give exact instructions but I don't have a nvidia/ati console to look this up.)

Give me directions how to do this please... telling me to turn off anti aliasing in the video card settings is useless if i dont know how to get to card settings. Gimme step by step instructions please
For some nvidia cards:

Right click on your desktop -> properties -> nvidia control panel -> 3d settings with preview (make sure to have advanced settings checked) and change it there.

Not sure how to do it with other cards since they can be different. There should be something either in your control panel or your display properies that can get you there.

ACH087

08-29-2009

ok i not sure if this was mention, but the game is crashing on me right before spawning, preaty much the game stops completly rigth when almost everyone is done loading and people are starting to spawn, the game freezes and i cant get out of it, cant alt+tab, or even ctrl+alt+delt. it happens ever now and then and because of it i have like 19 leaves and those are all from the game crashing on me, any help please?

gruof01

08-29-2009

Can you send us your logs using the LogMailer tool?

ACH087

08-29-2009

i used it and email it, hopefully it gets there, ill be cheking this site constantly to check if it has arrive and any news on the problem