Common problems and probable solutions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uliarh

03-16-2011

After patcher finished downloading the latest patch and started copying it, at 33% I received:

Internal Error...
ASSERT:Pointer is NULL...
(file.c/712)

Can't start the game since it gets stuck at 33% every time!

furi0us angel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Lag is killing me.I cannot play a single game without a lag.
Even when i create own game and play with computer it still lag. I reinstalled LOL but lag is still there.
all these weird lag is happening just after the new patch version 1.31.27.Before this patch everything was fine.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CRAZY LAGGGGGGGGGGG.................

13PacK13

03-17-2011

when i and my teammates were loading in the game when mine suddenly crashed. i tried many times to reconnect but it wont.

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-17-2011

Just had the exact same problem as Pack here...game kept crashing right before I would have finished loading and went into game.

I Skip Leg Day

03-18-2011

everyone on my friends list whos in a game would show it being more than 60 minutes long. i would ask a friend how long hes been playing and he'll only say something like 20 minutes when my friend list says something like 104.

Capeletti

03-19-2011

im trying to play a game right now, but it has already crashed like 5 times, in 94% of the loading, something like that..
and this is happening since the latest update, my LoL never crashed before this update..

hope you guys can do something about that.. im willing to play again

L5 Bathroom

03-19-2011

i clicked agree to summoners code and it dosent do it i clicked so many times now to

Fushingua

03-19-2011

-- Steps
1) Upgrade my NVidia video card from the default Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit driver. A NVidia site link is available at the wiki: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting. Radeon driver location is also listed. Use start>run>dxdiag>display tab to figure out your video card info. Then, do yourself a favor and upgrade.
Why: The latest NVidia driver is not digitally signed. So, doesn't it make obvious sense that the manufacturer driver is newer? Newer drivers = fewer bugs.
2) Upgraded my monitor driver. DxDiag told me it was generic. Woot@windows 7 64 bit drivers. Thanks, HP, for making my junky monitor seem cool, again.
Why: I doubt it's the issue, but I want to be sure because my game wasn't displaying properly (the scaling was off b/c of the aspect ratio).
3) Downloaded and installed latest CPU updates.... Unfortunately, the manufacturer, AMD, does not support Windows 7 for this hardware. So, maybe that's the problem. I'll switch CPU's after this game. I'll let you know if what I've done so far worked....

{OWCH! Blue screen of death!}

4) Installed AMD Catalyst 11.4 (latest). The contact form on their site (seen bottom left in small print/two tabs) lists this as a driver for my hardware, though I doubt that is the case.
5) Saved data and rebooted.
6) Closed all open programs....

XX<{{{

More tomorrow?

-- Signature

It's not fair to my teammates to lose a game because of my unresolved technical issues, when the problem is entirely my fault for not discovering solutions. So, I let it happen as little as possible.

Fushingua

03-19-2011

More tested failure... tonight....

Fushingua

03-19-2011

I noticed that the fault only occurs after a death or when a long period of time is spent tabbed out of the game while the game is reloading (game loading screen).