Common problems and probable solutions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

triggerpappy

11-12-2009

I recently upgraded my PC and the game keeps crashing in game.

I have windows 7 professional 64bit with Nvidia GTX275
I also have 2 x ocz Vertex Drives in Raid -0 where LoL is installed

All drivers and Bios is up to date

How does LoL work on SSD drives?

hohums

Software Engineer

11-13-2009
24 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerpappy View Post
I recently upgraded my PC and the game keeps crashing in game.

I have windows 7 professional 64bit with Nvidia GTX275
I also have 2 x ocz Vertex Drives in Raid -0 where LoL is installed

All drivers and Bios is up to date

How does LoL work on SSD drives?
Can u post your logs?

dreamydischarge

11-16-2009

I have posted this a few times, and have yet to get a response.

Whenever a new patch comes out, I open up the launcher, and it shuts down almost immediately after, without downloading the patch. The logs say something about me being unable to download setting from solidstatenetworks.com, and unfortunately I do not have any of the logs, due to the way I deal with the problem.

In order for me to play the game, I have a friend update his client, put it on an external hardrive, and copy it onto my machine. He is living right next door to me in my dorm, and we're both running windows vista. This bug is extremely frustrating, and I'd like to know if there are any workarounds for it.

This is what happens when i try to download the patches for the test realm.

11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Solid LauncherLib [1.0.0.32] initializing...
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Launcher] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends Test Realm\lol.launcher.exe] to Windows Firewall
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Lobby] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends Test Realm\Air\LOLClient.exe] to Windows Firewall
11/16/2009 18:11 [WARNING] Unable to download settings ffs [http://ffs.solidstatenetworks.net/ri.../riot-lol.ffs]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Add App[League of Legends Game Client] Exe[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends Test Realm\Game\League of Legends.exe] to Windows Firewall
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Patcher_AddPackage([LOL.TestRealm.Patcher],[http://lolcdn.leagueoflegends.com/h2.../patcher/lol/],[C:\Riot Games\League of Legends Test Realm\]) successful
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Attempt to retrieve package [http://lolcdn.leagueoflegends.com/h2...tcher.package]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Restart previous
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Start task [http://ffs.solidstatenetworks.net/ri.../riot-lol.ffs] [LOL.TestRealm.Patcher_1_Incremental.solid] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends Test Realm\LOL.TestRealm.Patcher_1\] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends Test Realm\] [0.00/0.00]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] [LOL.TestRealm.Patcher] State change [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE] to [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Version retrieved [LOL.TestRealm.Patcher] 1/0 [LOL.TestRealm.Patcher.10_24_2009_02]/[1.0] type [PACKAGE_TYPE_INCREMENTAL]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] [LOL.TestRealm.Patcher] State change [PATCHER_STATE_IDLE] to [PATCHER_STATE_PREPARE]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Start download [http://ffs.solidstatenetworks.net/ri.../riot-lol.ffs]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] [LOL.TestRealm.Patcher_1_Incremental.solid]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends Test Realm\LOL.TestRealm.Patcher_1\]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends Test Realm\]
11/16/2009 18:11 [ERROR] Unable to download/authorize ffs [http://ffs.solidstatenetworks.net/ri.../riot-lol.ffs]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] [LOL.TestRealm.Patcher] State change [PATCHER_STATE_PREPARE] to [PATCHER_STATE_FAILED]
11/16/2009 18:11 [INFO] Patcher_RemovePackage([LOL.TestRealm.Patcher]) successful

4die

11-16-2009

Well you wrote to many thing, like when I click start the game the page shut down but down open after so i click ion the game in the right down of my screen again and it say game is still in progress... plz help me and my computer can run the the game

Feedoor

11-25-2009

My launcher is updating LOL AIR but its taking way too long (I left for an hour and its only 12 percent complete). Can I by-pass this somehow??

DarkInferno

11-26-2009

Hey there, I tried joining the game today but somehow i get an error when i try to install the game on my pc. Downloading went fine so I don't know what the problem is.

This is the error I get:

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor.

Well hope any of u know what to do :P

thx

tanzen

11-27-2009

plz help me
everytime i start the game i first need to press up down left right up up down down.
otherwise the server status is UNAVAILABLE.
if im locked in the starting screen doesnt show up its just all white.
and if i click on the store button nothing happens there is just a black screen no matter how long i wait its just always black

plz help me wanna spend my points and stuff

bubblesses

11-28-2009

Hi, whenever I open the launcher, it says "Retrieving Version Information..." It freezes as soon as I open it, so I can't post my logs, and about 5 minutes later the launcher closes, this has happened every time i open the launcher. Anybody know what's wrong?

ShoeToe

11-29-2009

anyone know what to do if It says "Error, Your graphics card or driver does not support shader model 2.0. Please make sureyour video card supports shader model 2.0 and that it is using the drivers from the manufacture." just when the timer run out when choosing character to play with? i cant play cuz of this

Micre

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzen View Post
plz help me
everytime i start the game i first need to press up down left right up up down down.
otherwise the server status is UNAVAILABLE.
if im locked in the starting screen doesnt show up its just all white.
and if i click on the store button nothing happens there is just a black screen no matter how long i wait its just always black

plz help me wanna spend my points and stuff

I am having the same problem, though I am curious how you figured out the arrow key code to make it work. I would never have thought to try that.

Well now it isn't working.