Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some Rune Questions:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IchibanNoodle

07-18-2012

Hello all!

Just a little background about myself and why I'm asking this question.. Reading this part is not mandatory

I started playing League Of Legends two months ago, so I'm nowhere an expert on runes or builds. I already filled out my two free rune pages with one page being AD -(Flat AD marks/ Flat Armor Seals/ Magic Resistance/lvl Glyphs/ ? quints), and the other page being a standard/generalized AP runepage -(MPen Marks/ Flat Mana Regen Seals/ #AP/lvl glyphs/ #Flat AP Quints). The '#' just symbols that I currently have not acquired these runes and will be filling them in the near future. I am level 26 so I only have two slots available for quints.

I'm open to learn all roles, however I am most interested in playing Mid and Top and I am very interested in learning the Jungle. However, the two Normal Draft Pick games I have played (because I am not prepared for ranked yet) where the "meta" is applied in Non-Ranked games, I was stuck to support because everybody else already jumped in and called the other roles.

TL;DR... My Questions are as follow:

1. ArPen Marks or Quints? - Which ones are more efficient and effective?
2. What are some good runes for Support? - Should I buy those Gold/10s Quints?
3. What are some jungling runes? - Nocturne, Lee Sin, and Shaco are the most interesting junglers to me at the moment so I want to know which runes will be beneficial to the aforementioned champions (Of course I will be learning other junglers too)
4. Are there any other beneficial runes?

If possible in addition to those 4 questions, I would also like some evaluation on my two current rune pages - AD and AP -> (Copy and Pasted from above section) AD -(Flat AD marks/ Flat Armor Seals/ Magic Resistance/lvl Glyphs/ ? quints), and the other page being a standard/generalized AP runepage -(MPen Marks/ Flat Mana Regen Seals/ #AP/lvl glyphs/ #Flat AP Quints

Thank you all in advance

Edit: Thought this may provide helpful information for more accurate answers. The champions I currently use are.. AP - Veigar, learning Ahri. Top - Riven, Pantheon, Talon. Ranged AD/Bot - Tristana, Corki. Support - I have Kayle and Alistar. I also use Volibear or JarvanIV if our team needs more "tankyness/beefy dudes".

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GatorHatur

07-18-2012

I think for the most part people get seal of armr and glyphs of magic resist since the flat amount ends up being very helpful. your get marks based on what your character is. mostly you go armor or magic pen. Quints are situationally based, so it would depend on the champ and the role your filling.

As i said this is typical if your just starting our at lvl 30 and have no runes yet ( I recommend not buying any until 30 otherwise your wasting IP [you can only buy tier 3 runes at 20+])

anymore questions feel free to ask