Having trouble as mordekaiser vs ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WiggityWack69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

I decided to try mordekaiser and I have been playing him alot these past few days.

He's fun and I can win/go nearly equal in most of my lanes and matchups with him, but one champion I am having alot of trouble with is ahri.

Here's what happens every game:

Pre level 6 is great. Farming with my Q and E and dodging ahri's skillshots is pretty easy. I am usually ahead in farm here, and I can trade easily with an ahri who opened dorans instead of boots/pots like I did.

But then comes this. We both hit level 6, I don't have hextech yet, usually just the two amplifying tomes and a little bit under enough for the recipe. I will be at around 50%-75% health from using my Q and E and maybe taking some harass damage. Then BAM, I mess up and get hit by either her ahri's Q or her charm, and im done for. As soon as it happens I start to run away, I get ignited, and get triple ulted by her. The fight started in the middle of the lane, and now she is under my tower when I have yet to get there, and she dealt damage to me the whole way, I am already dead.

I guess I cannot deal with the mobility of her ult well enough, and the ignite prevents me from using my ult's drain to be able to fight her toe to toe.

So any tips? What should I try?

Kydd

07-18-2012

Well isn't this a coincidence. I'm going mid against ahri in this ranked game RIGHT NOW.
As for advice, don't recall until you have enough for hextech altogether. That is usually the step in the right direction if you want to survive most pokes after regrowth pendant becomes irrelevant (assuming you start regrowth first). Pre-6 just dodge all her skillshots while building up your shield on minion waves. Eventually you will win the level 6 engage. Just don't overextend... ever.

Kirra X

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

I usually run ghost/ignite on morde.

Morde's ability give him zero escapes/mobility so I like the ghost to be able to either chase or run away, flash can be really nice for flashing over a wall or what not, but in lane is typically the time you'll most likely use your summoners defensively and against champs like ahri, a little flash isn't going to get you back to your tower. Ghost may not either in time, but you have a better chance.

Also against ahri you might not even want to risk trying to make it to your tower, but stay and fight around the minions where you're strongest.
If you're already 50-75% HP, lead with your ult to heal up, E her and the minions to get shield, and land a Q for the same effect, standing around minions also gives you a chance her foxfire will hit them and not you.

It's harder to dodge her Q at close range but if you never seem to make it to your tower anyway, might just want to go for it, Ult+Ignite on morde can be pretty scary.

Harassing her when she goes to last hit always helps a lot, hit her with E while last hitting or if she just gets too close, make her afraid to come get the CS.

Serphs

Recruiter

07-18-2012

You screwed up by getting hit by a charm, idk the entire ahri vs morde lane but i know that i've never lost to ahri with morde. Why? because if your smart ahri's harass will never break your shield.

Ahri is a champ that whether or not you counter her or not, if you take her full combo you're most likely dieing.

It's how i've lost a Vlad vs Ahri/Morg lane before (Vlad counters them both pretty hard, but if you screw up and take their entire qwer combo, you won't live)
Edit: didn't really lose the lane actually, but they killed me l. Already out cs'd them hard enough to bypass 1 death.

Note: I've won that lane several times, but getting hit by 1 charm/bind can screw up your entire lane if they take advantage.

Lavajuice

07-18-2012

Ahri is a bad matchup for Morde because of her range/mobility (it's why Morde isn't played much competitively - too susceptible to being countered in lane and ganked if he truly wants to farm well). Your best chance is to let her push the lane anyway you can post-6 by farming your wraiths and roaming, being sure to clean up any free waves if they are pushed to your turret or if Ahri roams to try to counter you.

Shesocold

07-18-2012

Well as an Ahri player I counter Morde players by separating them from my minons. So my recommendation is to keep hitting those minions and keep that shield up. I've only met 1 Morde who could ever beat me in lane and he did just that. So from a decent Ahri player keep near those minions and keep that shield blocking her damage. In my opinion just a bad match-up.

StreakSRM

07-18-2012

Morde does not run back to tower in a 1 v 1! Like many others have said, stay near your minions, if she jumps on you morde can pump out a lot of damage, especially if you have ult and ignite. In your scenario, if you already have 2 amp times, you probably have level 3 or 4 E, unless she bought mr, this should instantly drop her health by at least 20%. And if you can tag her creeps while hitting her, it's GG.

Get good at harassing with the very tip of your E. It reaches a little father than the graphic would have you believe. You can quickly drop somebody's health when you have amp tomes with just a few hits.