Should I smartcast with Pantheon?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noëlle

07-18-2012

Title explains it all. I'm still only level 20, but I find Pantheon to be my most effective champion. Which abilities should I smartcast, or should I even smartcast at all?

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

Honestly you should smartcast with EVERYONE. It took me quite a while to make this transition but it helps a lot.

In theory, I prefer non-smartcast. But smartcast makes things go smoother and your comboes go off faster.

But the biggie is that you are always getting Silenced, Knockedup, Stunned, etc. It is hard to do stuff when everytime you hit Q/W/E/R and are about to click on someone you get interrupted!

Due to the annoying queueing system of keyboard strokes, your skills dont even go off half the time if doing a rapid combo. It also makes cooldowns longer than necessary:

So with Ryze instead of Q, click enemy, W, click, wait for Q cooldown, hit Q, click, E click, wait, Q, click, etc,
it is instead: QWWWQQQQQQQEEQQQQQQQQQQ, etc.

There are just a lot of good reasons to smartcast. It will also help you toss your spear BEFORE leaping instead of afterwards.

This way you get your ideal combo of Toss Spear, immediately Aegis Leap, get 1 autoattack off, MegaPokey, then toss spear in their back which is a full 1 second ahead of the cooldown.

It helps ensure you dont miss that 1 autoattack and/or they get to avoid some of your megapokey.

To help you transition, bind your ALT key to Self-Smartcast. For me, holding down alt with my left thumb is way easier than trying to hold down SHIFT or whatever normally smartcasts. Try that out and see if it helps during clutch times, then transition to full smartcast.

ProPlayerEd

07-18-2012

For some Champs, when you smart cast, Minions are OP.

Noëlle

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Honestly you should smartcast with EVERYONE. It took me quite a while to make this transition but it helps a lot.

In theory, I prefer non-smartcast. But smartcast makes things go smoother and your comboes go off faster.

But the biggie is that you are always getting Silenced, Knockedup, Stunned, etc. It is hard to do stuff when everytime you hit Q/W/E/R and are about to click on someone you get interrupted!

Due to the annoying queueing system of keyboard strokes, your skills dont even go off half the time if doing a rapid combo. It also makes cooldowns longer than necessary:

So with Ryze instead of Q, click enemy, W, click, wait for Q cooldown, hit Q, click, E click, wait, Q, click, etc,
it is instead: QWWWQQQQQQQEEQQQQQQQQQQ, etc.

There are just a lot of good reasons to smartcast. It will also help you toss your spear BEFORE leaping instead of afterwards.

This way you get your ideal combo of Toss Spear, immediately Aegis Leap, get 1 autoattack off, MegaPokey, then toss spear in their back which is a full 1 second ahead of the cooldown.

It helps ensure you dont miss that 1 autoattack and/or they get to avoid some of your megapokey.

To help you transition, bind your ALT key to Self-Smartcast. For me, holding down alt with my left thumb is way easier than trying to hold down SHIFT or whatever normally smartcasts. Try that out and see if it helps during clutch times, then transition to full smartcast.
Well, I tried it. Went 3/7/3. Defo not my best game. Maybe it's because it takes time to get used to smartcast but for more information, I smartcasted just q and e.
Does Pantheon really need the smartcasting? It feel very awkward to use, I hope it's only awkward for a couple more games.