Gameplay Commentary and Tips for Fizz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SouthernIrishND

07-18-2012

Hi guys,

(I originally posted this in the General section, but given the amount of threads there, mine got overlooked relatively quickly. Plus, this section seems more fitting for the topic.)

I've been casually playing LoL for a while and thought that it would be fun to do some commentaries. I'm not a very skilled player by any means, which is part of the reason why I'm making this thread.

I uploaded 2 videos on my channel in the past couple of days and would really appreciate any feedback. The first video of Ziggs on TT is pretty dull in terms of gameplay and commentary. I tried to make things more interesting in the Fizz video that I just uploaded. If you get a chance to watch the video(s), all comments are welcome including criticisms.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthernIrishND

Even if the commentary thing doesn't turn out successful due to a lack of interest, I would still love any feedback on the gameplay. If you guys don't have the time to watch the videos (very understandable), I would really like some help on playing Fizz.

Here's the basic setup of last game:
-Poppy and I destroy top against Graves and Mundo
-In the process of winning the lane against Heim, Brand (our mid) leaves
-Ezreal and Sona lose bot to Taric and Yi

Mid game was manageable, since we were up in kills. However, as team fights happened later in the game, we got destroyed. I think it was mostly the team comp that screwed us over, in addition to Brand's leaving. I would normally poke with a combo, run away, and repeat the process. However, given that we had no one to initiate team fights (or so I think), they bullied us without a problem. Had I played better, I'm wondering if we could have come out with a win, since I have a great deal to improve with Fizz. How would you have approached team fights if you were in my position? Further, how do you normally approach team fights as Fizz?

tl;dr: If you have the time, please watch my videos and give some feedback on the gameplay and commentary. Additionally, I would really love some tips for Fizz in team fights.

Thanks guys.

SouthernIrishND

07-18-2012

Bump.

SouthernIrishND

07-19-2012

Bump. I just added another video, playing as Graves. It's a dual commentary with my girlfriend.

Anyways, any tips on Fizz for team fights?

Edit: I'm going to add an Ezreal game soon. It's also a dual com. Thanks.

hxcemotronic

07-20-2012

I have been playing Fizz for awhile now, but I play AI games and don't know the mechanics and shizz, I'm more of a jump in and if it doesn't work who cares lol. But by mid game in AI games I've got like 500 AP which can kill them in maybe two abilities ha. Basically if there are two champions I do not go in unless they are at low health because ya know, hes a bit squishy. But if your teammate goes in first I immediately follow. If having your ult you can initiate by throwing it out letting teammate engage then I W-E-Q

Although I had just realized it might be smarter if your enemies are getting away too easily your Ulti slows so it should go W-Q-E since Fizz's E also slows so you can slow them down to follow up with normal attacks while your W is active. Hey, I just learned something new to try by speculating on it. ha. Sorry I can't offer much more help since I don't really have thoughts in my head like "Well he has this item and this ability blah blah the best way to deal with him", I kinda just go in without thinking about strategy lol. :P

good luck!

OriginalJack

07-20-2012

Watching video the fizz video... at 1:03 you say:

"I'm probably older than most people watching this, I feel like an old man at 24."

That's makes me feel REALLY REALLY old :*(

Anyways, I didn't watch the whole thing...but here's a few things I noticed:
(most of it is not specific to fizz)

You aren't really playing badly overall, you were missing a lot of last hits that you could have gotten early but you seemed to get in the zone after a little bit and weren't missing as many. :-)

Since they had no jungle you should have been taking blue buff (either yours or theirs) when it was up, it's not like brand was putting it to use.

You should max your W before your Q.

When you are the most fed person on the team you need to do what you can to help other people win their lanes as well. Fizz is strongest during the mid game so you need to capitalize on that. Let's take a look at the situation at the 18:00 (of the video not the game) min mark. You see on the minimap that both top and bottom lanes are pushed to the tower and your ult is up but you sit there just farming mid instead of ganking.

Move fwd to 18:28 when you have the scoreboard up. You are 4 lvls ahead of yi, and two lvls ahead of both traic and heimer, nobody has any good items to speak of but yet to hesitate about going in while they are tower diving sona. At 18:44 you actually say "I wonder if I can dive him..." *facepalm*. If you hadn't hesitated I think sona might still have died but you and ez would have picked up atleast a double kill. Basically it just comes down to when you have a lead with an assassin type character you need to be ganking all day long.

SouthernIrishND

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
Watching video the fizz video... at 1:03 you say:

"I'm probably older than most people watching this, I feel like an old man at 24."

That's makes me feel REALLY REALLY old :*(

Anyways, I didn't watch the whole thing...but here's a few things I noticed:
(most of it is not specific to fizz)

You aren't really playing badly overall, you were missing a lot of last hits that you could have gotten early but you seemed to get in the zone after a little bit and weren't missing as many. :-)

Since they had no jungle you should have been taking blue buff (either yours or theirs) when it was up, it's not like brand was putting it to use.

You should max your W before your Q.

When you are the most fed person on the team you need to do what you can to help other people win their lanes as well. Fizz is strongest during the mid game so you need to capitalize on that. Let's take a look at the situation at the 18:00 (of the video not the game) min mark. You see on the minimap that both top and bottom lanes are pushed to the tower and your ult is up but you sit there just farming mid instead of ganking.

Move fwd to 18:28 when you have the scoreboard up. You are 4 lvls ahead of yi, and two lvls ahead of both traic and heimer, nobody has any good items to speak of but yet to hesitate about going in while they are tower diving sona. At 18:44 you actually say "I wonder if I can dive him..." *facepalm*. If you hadn't hesitated I think sona might still have died but you and ez would have picked up atleast a double kill. Basically it just comes down to when you have a lead with an assassin type character you need to be ganking all day long.
Yay a response! Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel old. >.>

Yeah, I really need to work on getting my last hits. I thought about stacking flat AD runes just for that purpose. Although, I suppose that flat AP quints would still be better overall. With Fizz, should I be using W (or E) to farm at all? Or should I save that for harassing the enemy and to conserve mana? I guess if I constantly had blue, such a thing wouldn't be an issue. I'll definitely keep that in mind as an AP carry next time.

As for maxing W before Q, I was following a build from mobafire. What's the advantage in maxing W first?

Yeah, watching the video again, I definitely see that I'm derping around mid, while bot is getting wrecked. I was trying to push the mid tower but didn't do a very good job of it. I'll keep in mind to constantly watch the minimap. Also, I'm not in the habit of keeping track of enemy levels, items, and farm. That's also a suggestion that I will try to keep in mind.

Thanks for the advice!

Sidenote: If you have the time, can you check out my Ezreal vid? He's also one of my favorites to play, and I could use some tips for him as well.

q12w23e34

07-21-2012

Much MUCH more sustained and overall damage when you max W first.