Don't know what runes to buy...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

raven122

07-17-2012

I have just around 7k IP. I bought some Runes before, a friend told me what to get. So far I have flat armor marks, flat armor seals, flat MR glyphs and flat MR quints. He told me to get those because of the reason I made this post: I don't really play a certain champ every game. I play what's needed. The champs I do play the most though are Alistar, Blitzcrank, Caitlyn and sometimes Ziggs. More often than not I go Alistar or Blitz, but I do play the other champs some.

So what do you guys suggest? What should I get and/or start working on?

Thanks for all responses in advance!

Aikimiller

07-18-2012

Your goal should be to have 3 pages

An AD page, an AP page, and a support page. You can put flat armor yellows and flat or scaling MR blues on everything.

AD Page- you want flat damage reds, and either flat damage quints or Move Speed quints.
AP page- Magic Penetration reds, and either flat AP quints or MS quints. (you can also run scaling AP blues if you prefer)
Support page- Gold per 10 quints. Reds can be either a defensive rune, or magic penetration. (you can also run scaling AP blues if you prefer)

This is really the ideal minimum setup to be able to play the widest variety of champions, and yes, it does mean buying 1 extra page. You can get away with using your AP page on most supports, but the gold/10 runes do make a pretty big difference on a 0cs support.

raven122

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
Your goal should be to have 3 pages

An AD page, an AP page, and a support page
You can put flat armor yellows and flat or scaling MR blues on everything.

AD Page- you want flat damage reds, and either flat damage quints or Move Speed quints.
AP page- Magic Penetration reds, and either flat AP quints or MS quints. (you can also run scaling AP blues if you prefer)
Support page- Gold per 10 quints. Reds can be either a defensive rune, or magic penetration. (you can also run scaling AP blues if you prefer)

This is really the ideal minimum setup to be able to play the widest variety of champions, and yes, it does mean buying 1 extra page. You can get away with using your AP page on most supports, but the gold/10 runes do make a pretty big difference on a 0cs support.
Thanks, I'll do that.