This Meta Game sucks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Layotees

09-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
What kind of cookie cutter BS is that? No one adapted to Heal and Kite even though to take that out all you had to do was do the classic press R and win team to defeat it. Instead it got nerfed until the entire strat became unusable. No one adapted to team Push and Win-- the value of towers got weakened, the characters got weakened and auras got weakened and promote was removed. How is that adaptability? That's patches settling the issue.

I get this feeling you play tanky characters.
Yeah, because both Janna and Soraka weren't effective counters to the AoE strat, let alone directly under a tower.

Yeah, because jumping into Heimer's turret nest was ever a good idea.

Yeah, because Ezreal and Shaco weren't totally able to circumvent most AoE team fights.

The poke meta game emerged for a reason.

Lithose

09-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reivur View Post
What kind of cookie cutter BS is that? No one adapted to Heal and Kite even though to take that out all you had to do was do the classic press R and win team to defeat it. Instead it got nerfed until the entire strat became unusable. No one adapted to team Push and Win-- the value of towers got weakened, the characters got weakened and auras got weakened and promote was removed. How is that adaptability? That's patches settling the issue.

I get this feeling you play tanky characters.
This Meta involves 1 carry, 1 support, 2 tough DPS and a tank. It is the most "balanced" Meta thus far, with a good mix of class types.

Sorry its no longer 4 AE classes and a tank or 2 long range DPS and 3 support classes. That was the big problem with the old meta, they didn't really allow for a wide range of "class types". This one does.

I know, its sad that only one player on a team should be playing a carry but that really is all you need in a "balanced" game.

PoPoBison

09-06-2010

Well if the meta sucks, crack it rather than wait for riot to fix it for you. I know its not a perfect analogy, but for any Magic: The Gathering players out there, you must remember the Jund menace. It was 40% of the competitive field, and racked in over a thousand Top 8s. Rather than join it, LSV designed a deck built specifically to destroy jund based on its weak points with UWR Control. It didn't last too long, but it proved that the dominant force in the meta could be broken and lead to a plethora of decks, turning a stagnant meta into a healthy one.

I guess what i'm trying to say with this is figure out a team that just hard counters what you have trouble with. For example if theres a lot of armor and tons of hp tanks pick up Kogmaw with Madreds. Maybe some characters that help you outmaneuver the tanks to get at their squishies first. Rather than burst go for powerful sustainable damage that can take out tanks.

But take this with a grain of salt from a 1300 ranked player (though on the up and up, hope to be in 1500s by the end of the week)

TiV3

09-06-2010

I like this meta more than the last 2.

Kadzin

09-06-2010

Sunfire Fiddlesticks.
You don't even have to cast Crowstorm.

Perennial

09-06-2010

hard, not at all

dull, very

Garridy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

Learn to play different characters. Can't expect to win consistently without at least trying to counter the meta. It's not that hard. :P

HaggisOnAStick

09-06-2010

I love how everybody starts complaining that Sunfires are OP just because Garens started stacking them.
If Garen bothers you that much, then change Garen, not an item that many tanks rely on to be effective. Also, if somebody stacks only Sunfires, then just buy Madred's, it works wonders. If you complain that they have too many magic resist items, then they aren't really stacking Sunfires, are they?

Stormsoul

09-06-2010

this metagame is a hell of a lot better than healspam teams where you had almost 0 chance of winning against unless you had the same team

selenvar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsoul View Post
this metagame is a hell of a lot better than healspam teams where you had almost 0 chance of winning against unless you had the same team
yes you are absolutely correct..

Heal Comp sucked..

Tanky meta game is much better...

What's the next metagame gonna be?