[Suggestion]Flip camera angle for purple team

1234511 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qlio

01-12-2011

As of now blue team has advantage because they come from south west base and see things deeper into north east side, but purple team is at disadvantage in this. And another thing is the HUD that is blocking bottom of the screen and this is especially bad for purple team because they have to watch bottom more than top of their screens, flipping camera angle would help purple a bit, this could be optional setting. Recently i saw this new setting that allows to switch minimap side from right bottom to left bottom, which i think doesnt change anything. Why not allow changing camera angle from SW pointing NE to NE pointing SW?

(SW-south west, NE - north east)

*Edit* 2011.01.16
I was thinking how would it look like if you flip camera, and find out my brains dont like the fact that the ground would be in the sky... See picture 1 it shows how camera is now (blue bubble is blue team, red bubble is purple team cause im colorblind but Riot doesnt care), the pot is imaginable character facing the red lanes. if you flip camera to opposite direction you get what you see in picture 2, ground feels like its in the sky, and picture 3 showing if you rotate camera 180 degrees with same target locked, now there is another problem. blue bot lane becomes top if you use such option in game, and it can be messy if you communicate with someone who isnt using such option.
So overall i rethought about it and it seems to be not so good idea.... I cant think of any other options besides allowing to zoom out more, which might cause some other problems like being unable to aim small enemies. So the only solution seems is that Riot should add option to flip HUD, i mean all that is on bot of your screen put it in the top, its as easy as that OR move the camera target point a bit down for purple team, this way you will see more into the bottom and less into the top. since purple team needs to see more into the bottom rather than top, this might also be solution.

Almost forgot, or they could rotate all the map 45 degrees so that current top left corner (which is north west from center) would become North, in short, rotate it like it is Twisted Treeline map so that neither of team would have unfair advantage.
I guess there are more options than i thought, but Riot doesnt seem to put enough priority for this.

***Edit 2011.02.08
I remembered 1 thing, which might be a solution. If you press and hold middle mouse button and move mouse, you will notice that camera starts shacking. in game called bloodline champions you can move camera while it is still locked on your champion by pressing middle mouse button. it takes some time to get used to, but the point is you press it and you can see more in the direction you are aiming. This could be easiest solution, and it seems Riot is doing something like that, or at least was doing.

*** There are other good solutions these pages, i hope RIOT will take time to actually do something about this.

Diggy Smallz

01-12-2011

so true i hate going down rather go up i feel like i cant see them and they can see me

StoneLegion

01-12-2011

Yes, this would help so much. I always feel like I have a huge disadvantage when playing as purple simply because I can't see blue when they can see me. Some champions can get in range to hit me before I can even see them.

Korvisus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2011

i absolutely agree! ive been playing for a year now. if you have a character with a long range stun, or something you have to target at long range, and you are chasing somebody toward their base, it is a struggle to hit somebody at your maximum range.

kog maw, for instance. his ulti is extremely long range, and if you are chasing south, you wont be able to use your maximum range, especially considering it is delayed and you have to lead the target. the worst is when you accidentally hit one of your buttons and screw yourself up. the same goes for karthus's lay waste, and any number of others.

the obvious solution for this, barring an update with optional perspective switching for purple team, is to take off auto tracking. for people who only use auto tracking, this is extremely confusing, and puts one team at a disadvantage, because it forces one team to use one method, regardless of their preference.

another option would be the ability to zoom out more :\ that would probably be the easiest way to fix the issue... but at any rate, it needs to be changed. i couldnt believe there werent more posts on the issue. if a couple kills can make the difference, then maybe this could make the difference between a lose and a win.

zPorky

01-12-2011

Omg I agree, and just posted about this. This is the only reason I even looked at this forum. It seems like a lot of people are annoyed with this. Hopefully they notice and change this soon. It seems like a pretty simple fix...

Qlio

01-12-2011

if i could track my matches, i would probably see 70% lose ratio then im on purple team. btw, press thumb up on my first post if you think its a good idea, maybe someday Riot will actually read HUD discussion.

Korvisus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2011

well, from what i understand, riot does a pretty good job of listening to the community, and ive seen several posts from mods checking out forum subjects... so im cautiously optimistic.

Qlio

01-13-2011

oh yeah? how do you explain then that they havent changed healthbar colors in years?? they know colorblind people have a lot problems but they cant do simple healthbar recolor, i had to do it myself....
They should make new setting to change healthbar color ingame.

Korvisus

01-13-2011

and what if somebody suddenly forced you to play with the camera locked? wouldnt be cool then, would it?

CrazyGoNuts

01-13-2011

just let us zoom out more and it wouldn't be a problem, but they're ******ed so that'll never happen.

1234511 ... 30