Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Spotlight: Twitch, the Plague Rat

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellmarchfejk

07-18-2012

I always thought that the stealth during recalling isn't intentional, but it looks like I was wrong.

Critmaster Garen

07-18-2012

Quote:
fruitie:
Still looks like a nerf to me, and even if it's not he's not gonna be any better than he was. Don't know if anyone will qq about him though by people trying him out like other remakes that actually nerf the characters.

his skillset doesnt seem as powerful as before.

but there is a lot to his rework, thats not obvious. he has increased base stats and increased autoattack range for example. his base movement speed looks faster than before and his stealth is now actually a mobility tool.

his expunge got ad scaling and doesnt remove the poison stacks anymore.

8 seconds of stealth are still pretty strong, if you consider how fast he now moves in stealth. so 8 seconds of the new stealth are actually worth more, than 8 seconds of stealth on old twitch, since he now can cross greater distances being invisible during those 8 seconds.

Bees

07-18-2012

Soooooo. The only thing that really got changed on him is his slow? Never heard anyone say his slow was a problem, I thought this was a stealth mechanic remake.

Ifap2AnimeGirls

07-18-2012

when will eve and twitch rework be playable?

Lockdrum

07-18-2012

Reduced damage on Spray and Pray makes it deal tons of damage? Yo Phreak that damage to that one target may be coming from the items you get for being 22 and 0, not the strength of the ultimate ability itself.

Queltomen

07-18-2012

fail remake really. like new ult please?

Lumione

07-18-2012

for GREAT damage? who are you and what have you done with phreak?!

Lepastro

07-18-2012

The skins at the start of video are swapped.
Nice Video anyway.... I LOVE THIS RAT!!!

Count Bernadotte

07-18-2012

I'm still waiting to see the official time of stealth with the ability ambush! To see if you did not destroyed the champion.
Cute video when you have a Twitch being assisted by several other champions. What was the status that you increased it to make it really carry? Can he sustain a fight ALONE with a true carry?
The only **** intention was to stop his stealth?
All situations that you put in the video favor him and his team ...
Be honest to the real Twitch players! He was selling little and you needed to make it sell more?

xKozYx

07-18-2012

I don't get it, he's supposed to be "reworked" or "revamped", to me they just made him noob friendly and at the same time nerfed him hard.

Reduced stealth time is a huge nerf, I used to run around with oracles taking out wards and helping out my support in that sense, only having to worry about an oracles on the enemy team, so shrug..
Twitch's W used to work in aoe around twitch, so you'd hit it and slow everyone around not just a small area with a skill shot. Sure it adds two stacks of deadly venom, but really unless you're building AP twitch and need to get the stacks asap to pop expunge (which is just dumb btw) it's really a useless rework, and a hard nerf, any decent twitch could get in his 6 shots and pop expunge without needing to land a skill shot.
Spray and Pray twitch's ultimate was the late game bread and butter and absolute game winner, you hit R position yourself well, and destroy an enemy team, you didnt have to worry about targetting the tank since your ultimate would still hit their carries for full dmg. It was OP even, now with reduced dmg, you have to worry about positioning yourself to target their carries and skip the tank in order to get the full dmg benefit, something which is insanely tough with twitch since apart from being the squishiest ad carry, has no immediate escapes or positioning tools (like cait, graves, ez, vayne, *insert ad carry*) save for flash.

People cried about twitch because they didnt know how to play him, yet he was still played and destroyed late game in high ELO games. You take a hero with a high skill cap, nerf him to the ground, call it a rework, make him noob friendly, and expect a praise, shrug.

I'll try him out ofc, but so far I hate these changes, why nerf a champ that so little people played to begin with?
Level 2 twitch with an agressive support (read Leo, blitz, ali, etc) would destroy any conventional support/carry lane in an exchange, nobody realized his early dmg potential and the ability to just shut down a lane so early.

People talking and complaining saying "why give him true dmg on his passive?" IT WAS ALWAYS TRUE DMG, just shows how little people knew about the champ, and why a nerf is completely unnecessary, specially if they're already complaining about something he has always had.