Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nunu players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bylobog44

07-17-2012

Nunu players, what method do you use to trigger the damage (early) on Nunu’s ULT? My experience is that most methods I try have annoyingly inconsistent delays before triggering. When I try to wait until just before an enemy walks out of the ULT, to maximise damage, I am left with a choice: trigger it early and get some, but not the optimum damage, or trigger it late and risk getting no damage.

I have tried:

• Trigger ULT by moving – there is a very inconsistent animation delay before the Yeti starts moving, allows enemies to escape.
  • Trigger by using an ability (usually Ice Blast) – again, sometimes there is a delay before the ult triggers.
  • Tigger with a summoner’s spell – this (Flash), works instantly, but it’s a waste of a summoner’s spell.
  • Trigger with an Item Active (Zhonya’s) – this also seems to work instantly, but I don’t always have Zhonya’s ready.

Am I imagining these issues? Is it just lag? I don’t really play in a high lag environment – consistently 60FPS and 50ms ping.

Boomstick II

07-17-2012

I spam R (I've never actually tried it, but I thought pressing R again closed it) and try to move at the same time. Usually works fine for me.

Rumbles

07-17-2012

Normally I just click to move towards them so I can hit them with the ice cube in case they didn't die from the ult.

bylobog44

07-17-2012

Maybe it's just me then. Nunu's ULT is hard enough to get off, but I keep losing kills because the ULT doesn't seem to trigger reliably.

Kirielis

07-17-2012

I get cc locked down and/or outright killed. Allied-Ezreal goes to town on them while they're focusing me.

(Seriously? I just start moving. You might want to look into lag or fps issues if it's inconsistent.)