Jayce or Darius?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nalamare

Recruiter

07-21-2012

I've saved up enough IP for another champion.
I enjoy top lane so I was thinking Jayce or Darius.
Who should I buy and what are their pros and cons?
Thx

Judas Priest

07-21-2012

I find it more difficult to play against Darius than Jayce, but 6500 IP is a lot, maybe you should test them somehow. If you create an account in the Beta Brazilian server, you can have access to all champions, skins, runes etc... all game content is unlocked.

Nalamare

Recruiter

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
I find it more difficult to play against Darius than Jayce, but 6500 IP is a lot, maybe you should test them somehow. If you create an account in the Beta Brazilian server, you can have access to all champions, skins, runes etc... all game content is unlocked.
Darius seems more difficult to you then? How?

MrHydeKills

07-21-2012

Darius can be built tanky, and still do retarded damage(pretty much ****** proof also).

Jayce can do the same, but is harder to manage(you have to run thru all his spells in short order), and he doesn't do as much damage.

Darius gets banned constantly tho in ranked. Jayce doesn't.

Taiwanese

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHydeKills View Post
Darius can be built tanky, and still do retarded damage(pretty much ****** proof also).

Jayce can do the same, but is harder to manage(you have to run thru all his spells in short order), and he doesn't do as much damage.

Darius gets banned constantly tho in ranked. Jayce doesn't.
Jayce though does have a lot more utility and catching up tools for those who want to play a larger asset in the team role. Darius has that "I work alone" feel to it. I'm probably biased though. I love Jayce.

mrocznykiciak

07-21-2012

Imho go Jayce, reasons:
+ Jayce is funnier to play, since you have 6 skills to toy with.
+ Jayce brings more utylity to the party, knocbacks, stuns, poke, speed up. He is more "party oriented".
+ Jayce fit in LoL, its rare ban while popular pick.

+/- There is much more mumbling about Darius, which may be cry of casuals, but still it will cause nerf somewhere, someday.

Palmerfan

07-21-2012

Darius will win lane in lower elos. Simple as that. At level 4, you Pull-W-A-Q and it is half their life gone. You can finish them once you hit 6. A Darius can easily end laning phase with 4-5 kills then kill tower and roam at 10 minutes. He can then carry the game.

Jayce, on the other hand, is harder to play with arguably less reward. He hasn't really been figured out yet, so no one knows exactly how powerful he is.

TonZaga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

Well said Palmer. Took the words right out of my mouth. Also, being a Darius player myself (mainly jungling) he's countered pretty well if you don't pick up those 4-5 kills early game.

Charon81

07-21-2012

Darius takes a lot of flak for being overpowered. I've played him enough to know that he's not a difficult champion. Jayce is more complex, but I've seen a Jayce lane very well, especially with good help from the jungler. I guess I'd say I prefer Jayce, but that's only because I enjoy the challenge of playing more complex champions. Wukong and Xerath are my favorites, followed by Caityln and Fiddle.

Of course, that's all preference. Just my two cents.

EDIT: Forgot, I really can't stand laning against Jayce because of his Acceleration Gate/Shock Blast combo.

Darjir

07-21-2012

Jayce of course. Why? Better looking skin. And a good skin always wins.