Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ryze Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlipperTheDerp

07-17-2012

Hello summoners
I usually dabble around with quite a few champions, but my absolute favorite solo mid champ is Ryze, but I have 2 quick questions. 1: I normally use spell vamp quints, are MS quints REQUIRED or is spell vamp fine? 2: On plenty of guides I have read people say to go offensive masteries like 9/0/21 or 0/9/21, but I normally just got 0/21/9. Should I be going more offensive?

ProPlayerEd

07-17-2012

Ryze is a very tough Ap champ and is very tanky late game.

I would recommend MS Quints as it is really OP when he has it due to being slow.

I do like the masteries as 0/21/9 as his Early game is weak so the 21 points in defense help him out.

Hope this Helped , GL and HF Fellow Summoner!

Warrrrax

07-17-2012

Offense sucks for Ryze. 4 AP for 4 points in Tier 1 is a slap in the face to APs. 4 CDR is fine but you can do better. The Mpen is great at 9 points. Past that, its mostly about AP multipliers, etc and Ryze just doesn't build all that much AP.

I always take 21 defense as it is way more cost effective. The 8.1% CDR works great with 20% frozen heart and 10% built in to near max at 38.1% CDR.
Ryze doesnt take much Health item for quite a while usually [rushing tear, sorc shoes, glacial shroud, negatron->banshee] , so the 3 health boosters is quite valuable for him. The 3% movespeed is great, as is the early resists.

For utility, the extra mana is awesome at tier 1. Tier 2 movespeed is decent. After that though, Utility kind of falls apart except for the 6%CDR which defense already provides.

So I always go 2-21-7, taking +4 minion dmg for last hitting, 21 defense, max mana, and 3 in movespeed utility.

Quints: Id recommend movespeed since you are outranged by basically EVERYONE. (FU Riot for 'bringing his range more in line with other AP mids'). You will need to do a lot of dodging of skillshots, and need speed to be able to get in any harass at all.

Vamp quints sucks. A simple HP/5 quint will give you about 30 health per minute. A vamp quint would require you to do 1 /2% x30 = 1500 spell damage per minute to break even! You plan on doing that much nuking? Didn't think so. They might be better eventually but not for a long long time.