Ryze Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mechamanexe

07-17-2012

Hello summoners
I usually dabble around with quite a few champions, but my absolute favorite solo mid champ is Ryze, but I have 2 quick questions. 1: I normally use spell vamp quints, are MS quints REQUIRED or is spell vamp fine? 2: On plenty of guides I have read people say to go offensive masteries like 9/0/21 or 0/9/21, but I normally just got 0/21/9. Should I be going more offensive?

ProPlayerEd

07-17-2012

Ryze is a very tough Ap champ and is very tanky late game.

I would recommend MS Quints as it is really OP when he has it due to being slow.

I do like the masteries as 0/21/9 as his Early game is weak so the 21 points in defense help him out.

Hope this Helped , GL and HF Fellow Summoner!

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Offense sucks for Ryze. 4 AP for 4 points in Tier 1 is a slap in the face to APs. 4 CDR is fine but you can do better. The Mpen is great at 9 points. Past that, its mostly about AP multipliers, etc and Ryze just doesn't build all that much AP.

I always take 21 defense as it is way more cost effective. The 8.1% CDR works great with 20% frozen heart and 10% built in to near max at 38.1% CDR.
Ryze doesnt take much Health item for quite a while usually [rushing tear, sorc shoes, glacial shroud, negatron->banshee] , so the 3 health boosters is quite valuable for him. The 3% movespeed is great, as is the early resists.

For utility, the extra mana is awesome at tier 1. Tier 2 movespeed is decent. After that though, Utility kind of falls apart except for the 6%CDR which defense already provides.

So I always go 2-21-7, taking +4 minion dmg for last hitting, 21 defense, max mana, and 3 in movespeed utility.

Quints: Id recommend movespeed since you are outranged by basically EVERYONE. (FU Riot for 'bringing his range more in line with other AP mids'). You will need to do a lot of dodging of skillshots, and need speed to be able to get in any harass at all.

Vamp quints sucks. A simple HP/5 quint will give you about 30 health per minute. A vamp quint would require you to do 1 /2% x30 = 1500 spell damage per minute to break even! You plan on doing that much nuking? Didn't think so. They might be better eventually but not for a long long time.