Champion Spotlight: Evelynn, the Widowmaker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polarphang

07-18-2012

her getting spotted from a huge distance looks like a big pain for ambushes. Notice how in order to get a kill now she needs to always open with exhaust. Her damage is minimal compared to other classes. Honestly I don't feel the changes will do her justice at all. Looking at the video again. Her dmg is so low phreak talking about her ganks she didnt even land and kb's. notice how the dmg she does in the video's is hidden? i wonder why that is. also the only time you see her do decent dmg is when she is lv 17 and opens on a lv 14 varus. AKA ur job is to be annoying. she obv cant even jungle well since hatespikes dmg is super low. Anyway I hope I am wrong in this since I just unlocked her to play. However I guess I should of unlocked twitch instead since he looks more powerful than before.

WengSeng

07-18-2012

Please make Hate spike auto cast where u can turn it off and on

legeless

07-18-2012

is the new version of eve out yet??

legeless

07-18-2012

is the new eve out yet

Stopkilling0

07-18-2012

In this video I see Eve being built as a physical (AD) damage dealer. I am used to playing, and enjoy playing Eve as magical (AP) damage dealer.
Will she still be able to be built as AP? (will her AP ratios still be there or are they being replaced with AD ratios) I <3 my bursty Eve!

Datata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2012

I see her old/fun gameplay feel decay with this rework.
Hopefully, the new eve will be as fun as the old...

CinnamonXSpider

07-19-2012

Eve is so bad now its not even funny. You CANNOT play her as an AP. The range she can be seen completely ruins the character. Honestly all they needed to do for her was give her some higher stats and her stun and old eve would of been fine. Now she is even worse than before.

GreyFrost

07-19-2012

I don't get this though. They've completely reworked almost every facet of Eve, including removing an old ability, remaking her ulti and giving her a passive which makes her invis off the bat. And yet they didn't redo her skin and instead leave us with this nasty, disgusting skin in game and terrible flash art to boot.

The flash art prior to her skin "screw-over" was awesome. And with Twisted Fate's skin and art re-make. She looks absolutely gorgeous in the art.

Now before the trolls start with the "Oh you just want something to fantasize over." No, it's not about that. It's the simple fact of, they've redone her, destroyed her old mechanics and implemented new ones including new particle effects and abilities. Why not redo her skin? Why not reforge the beast and give her a new look instead of simply teaching an old dog new tricks?

Saint Phaint

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarphang View Post
her getting spotted from a huge distance looks like a big pain for ambushes. Notice how in order to get a kill now she needs to always open with exhaust. Her damage is minimal compared to other classes. Honestly I don't feel the changes will do her justice at all. Looking at the video again. Her dmg is so low phreak talking about her ganks she didnt even land and kb's. notice how the dmg she does in the video's is hidden? i wonder why that is. also the only time you see her do decent dmg is when she is lv 17 and opens on a lv 14 varus. AKA ur job is to be annoying. she obv cant even jungle well since hatespikes dmg is super low. Anyway I hope I am wrong in this since I just unlocked her to play. However I guess I should of unlocked twitch instead since he looks more powerful than before.

I took a more detailed look at the video when you said and Quote "also the only time you see her do decent dmg is when she is lv 17 and opens on a lv 14 varus." And based on the video that I've seen I am more likely to believe that Eve's team was better farmed than purple team at that point more than believing it was staged completely.

The first reason is that the only clip that shows a great advantage in level is the clip with Varus. The other clips with Eve show a smaller gap in leveling, reasonable in a game where a team is ahead or snow-balling.

The second reason is that Eve's skillset(to me) is one of a chaser type champion like Hecarim. So, I can come up with a reasonable conclusion that she would work like Hecarim, giving a reasonable stream of damage instead of burst damage. The reason why Evelynn had a lot of burst damage was because Phreak probably built her with that one build (assasination) on a squishy target.

The I looked at the damage she was doing around early game with Skarner. I believe that this was probably a legit game because people made reasonable actions during this game. Skarner didn't have any mana so probably know the outcome of the fight, he ran to the tower.

The fourth reason I beleive this champion spotlight is fairly legit is because when the gank in the jungle happened the players had a reasonable level setup of a more farmed team.
Skarner(7)(Red)(Jungle)
Soraka(7)(Red)(Bot Support)
Oriana(11)(Red)(Solo Mid)
Evelynn(9 lvlup: 10)(Blue)(Jungle)
Katarina(10)(Blue)(Solo mid[probably])
Blitzcrank(8)(Blue)(Bot Support)
Twitch(9)(Blue)(Bot Carry)

Now these are the four main reasons that I think this spotlight at least tried to be filmed legitly Though I agree with you that the damage can be blown out of proportion, I don't fully believe that the character is as bad as you perceive her to be. In fact I believe Evelynn could be on par with Hecarim's Damage.

Eyefart

07-19-2012

Did anyone realize that now she can be seen in the bushes even stealthed and with no wards on it, just by getting on her stealth range? ":3 So instead of a stealth assassin, shes now the own team revealer !