Llama's Lore Lessons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElementLlama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14 Hours Ago

Ok, I am ElementLlama and as my other thread introduces me "that Random Lore Guy".

I'm making this new thread not for people looking to have writers do their lore but to help people write their own lore for their concepts or to at least provide a foundation for the lore writing process.

First you need to ask yourself a series of questions about your concept.

1- Who is my Champion?

Explanation: This question is to iron out your champion's personality. Titles will not cut it like calling someone the "Savage Hunter", which does put across some personality but a very boreing and shallow one. Use at least four words "Exiled Savage Giant Hunter" is after all going to be more interesting. This is where you look at your concept and wonder just who it is.

2- Where did my Champion come from?

Explanation: When the origin of a champion is skimped on it kinda cripples their development. Imagine if a Champion like Garen or Darius had no origin, you would have to wonder why these guys with weapons of overcompensation are not just some other people with bigger weapons of overcompensation. In short a Chapion needs to come from somewhere, be it an underground rainbow generator or the fury pits of Hell.

3- What is my Champion's motivation?

Explanation: This is the reason why a Champion is in the League of Legends, what do they hope to accomplish? Are they there to slack their bloodlust? Are they there to further the bounds of science? If your Champion has no reason to be a part of the League then why should they be there any more then a lame horse? Because it would be cool is not a valid reason. Think harder if that's your reason.

4- Why is me Champion worthy of being a Legend?

Explanation: This is League of Legends. Your average Joe won't make it here. A Champion must be able to be unique and remarkable enough to have their own story (or lore as it happens) that would be able to go down through the ages.

The step after this is to fit your answers together. You will find that they will turn into a story of their own with a little prompting. Add an event or two in order to add depth and meat to your lore and you have your basic lore.

Final steps include editing, I know I am not one to judge since when I write I don't bother with drafts often, or grammar/spell check. But if you mess up with words and tenses people won't take your lore seriously. As well, during your editing process you can alter word and phrases as you see fit in order to better portray your Champion.

Remember that practice makes perfect, the more you write the closer to your style you will get and the better your writing will be. My style is more than slightly cynical as one of my friends had pointed out earlier. For an example of good lore out of my style and one I could not for the life of me be able to write look for Roomba, the Titan Sloth.

A final point I want to bring up is that I believe that whenever you read a good book your writing slightly shifts towards that of the book's author. Therefore if you want to write a certain way reading something with that writing style might help.

Now, if there are writers out there that wish to put in their ideas and opinions please comment and I will add the ones that appear. I will answer questions about general lore or writing if anyone has them.

GLHF Summoners, and write some awesome stuff!

ElementLlama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

14 Hours Ago

Q&A segment.

ElementLlama

14 Hours Ago

What other writers wish to contribute.