Opinions on Entropy

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

What are y'alls opinions on Entropy as an item? What would you think if the bf sword in it was replaced with a pickaxe (and the cost was reduced accordingly)? Do you see it built a lot, and how do you feel about its current state when compared to the other options that you can build out of either phage or bf sword?

EDIT: well since inFe ed has the quotes from Nome, here is his thread about this topic if you want to read them: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2365407
beware! you may think that this has become a much more important thread, requiring many upvotes and bumpage! ok you can relax now

Orphane

07-16-2012

Entropy is a silly item for a variety of reasons. There are better alternatives to it at every stage in the game, and an active red buff is simply unnecessary most of the time, which makes paying for said active even less rewarding. The build path is also rather awkward.

HaIfhearted

07-16-2012

I haven't seen anyone build an Entropy in forever.

It just feels like a big giant waste of a BF sword to me. I mean, why build Entropy when you could upgrade to IE or Sanguine or Cleaver instead?

And if you need health and still want damage, Frozen Mallet and Triforce just seems so much more useful.

I agree that Pickaxe is the way to go.

Redenbacher

07-16-2012

The only times I ever build Entropy is on Pantheon and Riven, because I have to upgrade my BF Sword and I don't need crit or lifesteal.

In other words, AD casters are the only ones that can really benefit from it... and they don't need much help.

larkhill

07-16-2012

i build phage a lot as a first item and if im going well, i usually dont need mallet. i can either upgrade to a triforce or an entropy. and not all champs can use triforce well so

this happens VERY infrequently tho.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
The only times I ever build Entropy is on Pantheon and Riven, because I have to upgrade my BF Sword and I don't need crit or lifesteal.

In other words, AD casters are the only ones that can really benefit from it... and they don't need much help.
not only that, but AD casters don't really autoattack that often, which gets the most benefit out of its passive. Riven tries to cast spells in between each of her attacks for her passive, panth doesn't need it as his autoattacks aren't really that common. Lee sin might be able to use it ok, but he isn't that common afaik. Xin is probably the best person to have it but he cant handle not having defensive stats. Sion might could handle it but his build is fairly straightforward diverging among AP or AD

ArlanKels

07-16-2012

I have only built Entropy once, and regretted it as soon as I did. It never really felt beneficial, and I never really noticed any sort of feedback in terms of visual recognition that it was activated. It made it hard t otell if I had activated it or not without actually checking the item in the little lower left corner.

Nyx87

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post

Funny thing is most AD casters want to auto attack still because they have some sort of modifier/benefit to it(Riven passive, Talon Q, Pantheon passive), so crit and lifesteal are still important to them. So often times that BF sword becomes an IE or Sanguine blade for me, because you want to multiply your damage or sustain in fights.

Cauldrath

07-16-2012

I build Entropy on Riven a lot because, besides Maw, it gives her the most AD of any item without being weighed down by stats she doesn't use well, plus having the slow is nice. Changing it to build from pickaxe, assuming it lowered the final AD to match, would make it a much worse item for one of the very few champs worth actually building it on, without really making it worth it on anyone else.

The true damage DoT, while a reasonably powerful effect, has the problem a lot of DoTs have: it's not obvious that it's having an effect. If it was changed so that activating it just added 160 true damage to your next autoattack, it would seem a lot more powerful, without actually being much different, but I'm not sure that's the best route.

I think the main problem is that, due to the items it competes with, getting a large chunk of AD added onto an on-hit slow means that it will only be good on champs who autoattack, but those attacks don't scale well with crit, but the champ scales well with AD and doesn't need any additional sustain. That means it's only good for AD casters with built-in procs on their autoattacks and built-in sustain, which is an extremely small niche to be serving. You could make it a better item for all AD casters by adding a Rylai's slow to it, too, but AD casters (that don't use fury) already are in really good shape in Dominion right now, so you'd have to overprice it to the point that it will often be a bad choice.

Makestro

07-16-2012

It's a dumb item and shouldn't be changed for the fact some champions can use it in it's current form.

12345 ... 6