Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Order for Fratmaw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsphodelNext

07-16-2012

Okay, so I'm using a tanky DPS build for Renekton, and it tells me to get Fratmaw(Frozen Mallet, Atma's, Warmog's) and it says to get Warmog's first. Personally, I've tried early Warmog's in the past and felt it to be a little slow getting started. So, what order should I build them in? I've tried Mallet, Atma's, Warmog's and found that to be okay, but I'm wondering if there's anything absolutely wrong with other orders, or if it's just a matter of taste.

t3hep1cf47m4n

07-17-2012

its not a matter of taste, but rather a matter of how well you are doing, if your income feels like it is going slow, then going for the cheaper items ( red crystal + regrowth, or red crystal + long sword or red crystalx2 + long sword + regrowth) would help you alot more than saving for the more expensive items ( chain vest + crit cloak, or giants belt )

but if it is going good, then you can pretty much reverse the order of the above.

Briareus

07-17-2012

If you want all three, get phage and giant's belt but don't complete the frozen mallet right away. Get your Atma's after those 2. At that point you could then complete a number of different items with your phage and giant's belt depending on what you need more at that moment. Need a snare? get the mallet, need health? get warmog's, need damage? get trinity force.

GhostDonkeys

07-18-2012

Renekton is a champ that dominates his early laning and can in turn snowball that into reaching lategame before other champions. I wouldn't recommend building an early warmogs.

XCodes

07-18-2012

I'd have to suggest generally going Mallet -> Warmog -> Atma. The slow on Mallet makes it a lot easier to finish off enemies that have been weakened by your burst, and Atma's price tag is probably not going to be worth it on Renek with just one of the other items. If you need the damage/armor quicker, then Mallet -> Giant Belt -> Atma -> Finish Warmog works, too.

That said, if you're just free-farming in lane and your opponent is either turret hugging or you're killing him repeatedly, then Warmog would be a better first item. You can afford to put off some mid-game power in favor of getting those Warmog stacks earlier.