MIA's are a joke

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiiz Khalifa

07-14-2012

MIA's are just an excuse for someone to have no map awareness. if you have time to look at your chat, the you have time to look at your map instead. Most people use MIA's as an excuse to put the blame on someone else when they die from a roaming lane. discuss.

Saolue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

Mias alert someone, because you can't always have your eyes on the map... yes, looking down there a lot is very useful.
Mia's aren't necessary, they are just helpful reminders. I appreciate them no matter how much you think they are a joke. They are better than people spammed V and G pings, better than people saying, "YOU NEVER TOLD ME", and definitely better than "You don't give em, so why should I?"

Mia's are a lot cleaner and nicer than most other ways of doing it...
Skyping, Vent, or Mumble I will say is better, but still, I have the habit of saying "Mia" into the mic to my friends...

(But if they are gone for a long time, they should at least point out they are roaming, and yes, certain champs are hard to mia... just give em a break though...)

FaerellG

07-14-2012

MIA isn't necessary, but it's nice. No one has 100% map awareness, in fact, it's apart of your job as a laner to put as much pressure on the opponent so that they have to shift more attention on you than the rest of the map. MIAs help allies who are laning against high pressure opponents.

Simply put, you won't have any map awareness (or at least severely diminished map awareness) if you're engaged in a fight. But a MIA call is likely to get noticed.

Fiiz Khalifa

07-14-2012

i just hate when people die because of a roaming lane then say "OMG NO MIAS YOU NOOB"

Philphy101

07-14-2012

Never use the "You didn't call MIA" as an excuse, especially if I've been an idiot and overextending, why is everyone raging over the issue of calling MIA.

CyanideVii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Mias help win games. if theres a small battle bot lane it's nice to let them know morg is on her way down.
but regardless, buy a ward, trust no one.

Strill

07-15-2012

Mias are necessary. How are you supposed to tell the difference between a mia and a back or someone hiding in a bush or someone sitting at their tower or someone going into stealth? Map awareness simply can't tell you those things.

Etherimp

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideVii View Post
Mias help win games. if theres a small battle bot lane it's nice to let them know morg is on her way down.
but regardless, buy a ward, trust no one.
If there's a small battle bot lane, an "mia" likely won't go noticed.. It's much more effective to ping the map 3-4 times and spam "fall back" messages.

B SIDE

07-15-2012

MIAs are good. I usually use pings to signal them, but I call them when I can.

In fact, I call everything I can. MIAs in my lane, MIAs in other lanes, when summoners spells (like flash) or enemy ults are down, where wards are, when dragon will respawn, etc. The more information your team has, the better.

Just don't get killed while you're typing.

MyPrettyPwny

07-15-2012

They're good to have, but they're not an excuse for
1- overextending
2- not warding

You SHOULD call MIA's, since it's like leashing blue for your jungler - it doesn't hurt you, and it makes life easier for them, usually. But just because someone else DOESN'T do it isn't a justification for playing carelessly.

Sadly, there are always whiners and ragers who believe they can never do wrong. You can call all the MIA's you like, ping all you want, but they'll still be bad. And when they die after chasing that singed, you'll hear the stories of how they went 38/0 last game, and how everyone else is a noob for not 'supporting' them.