Best Tank/Semi-Tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AznBoySam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

I'm thinking of buying a tank to diverse myself from all these DPS and Nukes that I bought. The only tank I have is Cho'Gath (who is hilariously fun), but I'm thinking of buying another.
Garen seems like a really good option. Or Rammus.
It doesn't have to be a straight up tank, it can be something tanky. I call them semi tanks. People that are like tanks, but have less defense and more offense. I think Olaf, Sion, DrMundo fall into this category.

So just give me who you think is good.

Crobot

09-06-2010

Rammus is probably the most fun to play of all the pure tanks. It also helps that he's considered one of the best as well.

As far as Off-tanks go, I'd recommend Brolaf.

kilick

09-06-2010

i would say, either Malphite because he is pretty super armored, but my fav tank would have to be nunu cause of his awesome dance moves and his ult is pretty OP

AznBoySam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-06-2010

oh they're called off-tanks i didn't know that.
what's brolaf? just a funny olaf? o.O

i've heard that rammus was the best. i don't know why. anyone care to elaborate?

IS1721225ee39ff441ee5fe

09-06-2010

Xin Zhao, Brolaf, Udyr are 3 of the best semi-tanks.

Legomasta

09-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBoySam View Post
oh they're called off-tanks i didn't know that.
what's brolaf? just a funny olaf? o.O

i've heard that rammus was the best. i don't know why. anyone care to elaborate?
Just look at his abilities. They synergize incredibly well and he's able to shut down even the most powerful AD-based champions throughout the entire game (such as Yi, Gangplank, Xin etc.)

On top of that, the best part about him is the fact that he can be practically everywhere around the map which makes him very, very reliable. Oh, and he takes turrets down like a champ.

Calbrenar

09-06-2010

Amumu is the best tank of all. Amazing survivability, probably close to if not the best CC in the entire game, and can easily deal more dmg then most of your carries if played correctly (although it is spread out to the entire team and not instagibbing people.

Most importantly his ult is so insanely good that it basically grants free kills to any competent dps carries on your team such as Ezreal, Kog'maw, etc. God forbid you get a master yi stacking his ult and +dmg in the middle of an amumu ult.... pentakill.

Even better he does all this with only cleanse and smite and spends the first 6 levels in the jungle giving you 2 solo lanes and 3 heroes at level 6 while the other team has one, AND he's a hard counter to the tanky meta game that exists now.

Issyl

09-06-2010

Rammus isn't good in the beginning but when he's armored, people go "Why can't I kill you anymore?"
Then you start hitting back.

Puckthepwner

09-06-2010

Shen is the best tank in general.

Amumu is the best tank if you build your team around his ult (Morgana, Nunu, Gangplank, Katarina, ect. ect.).

Cho'gath is the best at doing tons of damage while tanking and can easily carry a team, unlike most other tanks. This is my personal opinion though.

Gooze

09-06-2010

If you want semi-tanks or offensive-tanks go for Nasus/Brolaf/Win Zhao.

Because I love Rammus to bits and main him, this may be a tad bias,but I say if you want a pure tank go for Rammus. But there are very good other choices such as Garen/Shen/Amumu.