Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Hi, I'm garbage with Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yellowfrog

Senior Member

09-06-2010

Get auras, get attack speed -> stinger is a great item for CDR and attack speed. Attack speed synergizes with his passive and ult, and reduces heal cooldown.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Resilga

Senior Member

09-07-2010

All this info has actually been incredibly useful. I was thinking of making him an aurabot but what else is prudent beyond aegis and starks? should i get soul shroud or innervating locket? abyssal?

That puts me into wayyyy support and I just feel like when people pick their chars and see Taric they are like "WHEW! someone is filling the -tank- role! now i will not pick one"

Very annoying. I try to deal with it but then everyone pussyfoots behind me until i use my stun.
SO THEN I USE MY STUN but still no one does anything so i try to approach the target.

Immediately i get focused and die while my team is still pacing behind me.

Since these situations keep happening i've decided to not do that but just ping a lot. I hate people who ping too much but i feel like sometimes its like slapping your teammates in the head which they need sometime?

Then at the end they lament at having no tank and point the finger at me and i hate it. This fear of being hated continues to put me into weird and bad situations.

I'm having a hard time explaining this at this hour so I'll just say thanks for the advice.

Anymore feedback is welcome!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Taric is not a tank. Explain this to your team. Tanks are supposed to be capable of initiating for the team (amumu, malphite, alistar etc), or having some scary aspect that makes the other team scatter in fear, or convinces them to focus you down before you start gibbing squishies (nasus, garen etc).

Taric's got a single target stun. That's not initiating. There's no real incentive to focus a tank built Taric because he is not a threat.

Innervating locket is no good for Taric. He doesn't spam abilities enough to make the most of it. Abyssal scepter is a maybe if your team has a lot of casters. Soul shroud is always a good choice unless someone else on your team is making it.

Support champs (much like tank champs) frequently get a lot of flak from the arrogant squishy club. Your best bet is to laugh it off and perform your role.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Misterdudeguy

Junior Member

09-07-2010

I use this build and it works very well:mobafire.com/build/taric-the-leagues-paladin (http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/taric-the-leagues-paladin-80)

The key is to use clarity to fix your mana problems instead of devoting gold to chalice or mana minip.

as for farming strategy I hit caster minion waves twice each with my hammer then shatter to kill them,
or just try to keep all the minions at about the same hp then shatter when they are all low.

I don't engage champs solo unless it is a ez kill but if you happen to hit them with shatter while farming minions o well. Don't miss a last hit just cause they start hitting you, imbue heals for a **** ton and you can out harass anyone over a long period of time.

Attack speed Marks do wonders for your ability to heal because of the 2 second reduction in imbue's cool-down per attack.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorifel

Recruiter

09-07-2010

I would always like a Taric in my team but I would hate to play in a team where Taric is the only tank.

Suggestion? Don't pick him until you see somebody has picked another tank already.

Question: what do you think about having 2-3 Doran's Rings as your first items on Taric? Let me see, he is rather mana-intensive, has heal (hence no need for HP regen), has armour aura (so raw HP would be rather effective) and some nice AP ratios, but he is not a great farmer (so being cheap is a plus). Your thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Resilga

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Quote:
Misterdudeguy:
I use this build and it works very well:mobafire.com/build/taric-the-leagues-paladin (http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/taric-the-leagues-paladin-80)

The key is to use clarity to fix your mana problems instead of devoting gold to chalice or mana minip.

as for farming strategy I hit caster minion waves twice each with my hammer then shatter to kill them,
or just try to keep all the minions at about the same hp then shatter when they are all low.

I don't engage champs solo unless it is a ez kill but if you happen to hit them with shatter while farming minions o well. Don't miss a last hit just cause they start hitting you, imbue heals for a **** ton and you can out harass anyone over a long period of time.

Attack speed Marks do wonders for your ability to heal because of the 2 second reduction in imbue's cool-down per attack.


Sounds like a good idea with the guide and I'm sure I could take some tips but it was written in January, aren't there a few bits that are outdated? http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/taric-the-light-and-how-to-use-it-5323 this one seems to have been written slightly more recently and I was thinking of using it as a guideline. Still, hardly any guides ever call for Nashor's or any AP items at all and I just think that's really weird. I mean I'll try everything and see if it works though. It is a good idea to explain to the team what Taric's role is, I did not consider that for some reason. I just always have so much faith in people knowing what they are doing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaotic Bliss

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Quote:
Cenerae:
Taric is not a tank. Explain this to your team. Tanks are supposed to be capable of initiating for the team (amumu, malphite, alistar etc), or having some scary aspect that makes the other team scatter in fear, or convinces them to focus you down before you start gibbing squishies (nasus, garen etc).

Taric's got a single target stun. That's not initiating. There's no real incentive to focus a tank built Taric because he is not a threat.

Innervating locket is no good for Taric. He doesn't spam abilities enough to make the most of it. Abyssal scepter is a maybe if your team has a lot of casters. Soul shroud is always a good choice unless someone else on your team is making it.

Support champs (much like tank champs) frequently get a lot of flak from the arrogant squishy club. Your best bet is to laugh it off and perform your role.



You sir need help. Taric can just as well as any other tank. Engaging doesnt mean the tank has to be the first. Tanks just have to be able to stay alive long enough to let there team do dmg. Amumu and Malphite are those tanks that do crazy dmg while tanking. Ground Slam for Malphite stacks with his Armor, and Amumu has so many AoE skills, that focusing him is just stupid.

Taric doesnt have those things, UNLESS he is stacking AP. You can put Taric in the standard tank gear, as seen [url=http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/tank-16458]Here[/ulr] The only thing different is the RoA. If you want more AP, get Rylia's Crystal Scepter. This will give Taric more life, mana, and AP. This will allow him to be a more effect tank. He will be able to take a hit, Throw some heals, and do some dmg. If you have a Taric tank, you better have some physical DPS. Shatter and Dazzle win the day as long as Taric isnt the only one swinging.

Taric is a tank, also based on team set up. If you are running physical DPS, go tank. Stack armor/MR, and dive in. Dazzle will stun, Shatter will debuff, and if you have someone like Yi, Tryndamere, Garen, etc, than that target will fall like a rock.

@ Lorifel

Taric is a great farmer. Get a lil bit of AP and run into minions, and Shatter. Creeps go down, gold goes up. Sometime is better to start small than upgrade as the game goes one. Example: Say you want Abyssal Scepter. It takes time to build. Build a Haunting Guiese. It have the same Magic Pen and the Scepter, but its static not an aura, give less AP, but gives you life. Thats a great item to start with. As the game goes on, you can sell HG, and get Abyssal Scepter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Misterdudeguy

Junior Member

09-07-2010

Quote:
Resilga:
All this info has actually been incredibly useful. I was thinking of making him an aurabot but what else is prudent beyond aegis and starks? should i get soul shroud or innervating locket? abyssal?

That puts me into wayyyy support and I just feel like when people pick their chars and see Taric they are like "WHEW! someone is filling the -tank- role! now i will not pick one"

Very annoying. I try to deal with it but then everyone pussyfoots behind me until i use my stun.
SO THEN I USE MY STUN but still no one does anything so i try to approach the target.

Immediately i get focused and die while my team is still pacing behind me.

Since these situations keep happening i've decided to not do that but just ping a lot. I hate people who ping too much but i feel like sometimes its like slapping your teammates in the head which they need sometime?

Then at the end they lament at having no tank and point the finger at me and i hate it. This fear of being hated continues to put me into weird and bad situations.

I'm having a hard time explaining this at this hour so I'll just say thanks for the advice.

Anymore feedback is welcome!


Other good Auras are Will of the ancients if your team has an ap carry.

And Starks Fervor For auto attack carries(ask if anyone else is getting it FIRST).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunslinger

Senior Member

09-07-2010

Its not even build order that does this. It's his playstyle. For taric, you stun for other teammates to get kills (assists). Your stun doesn't have to do damage, you just stop them enough for your team to jump. Because of this, you might get targeted. So build tanky. Get an abyssal staff at the very least, so you can have SOME ap to go with your MR making your heals more potent. You stay back and stun the correct person in team fights, pop your ult and heal and auto attack. Attacking makes your heals cd lower so keep attacking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Misterdudeguy

Junior Member

09-07-2010

Quote:
Resilga:
Sounds like a good idea with the guide and I'm sure I could take some tips but it was written in January, aren't there a few bits that are outdated? http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/taric-the-light-and-how-to-use-it-5323 this one seems to have been written slightly more recently and I was thinking of using it as a guideline. Still, hardly any guides ever call for Nashor's or any AP items at all and I just think that's really weird. I mean I'll try everything and see if it works though. It is a good idea to explain to the team what Taric's role is, I did not consider that for some reason. I just always have so much faith in people knowing what they are doing.


Taric hasn't changed much since January. The biggest change is they Nerfed aegis of the legion. The other build is OK though Clairvoyance in my opinion is a waste of a spell, fortify or ghost are way better. Greed is a waste of a mastery (330 gold over a 55minute game).

Neglect Shatter at your own risk, it is Taric's primary farming tool, without it you have to spend much longer killing random minion waves mid game asking to get ganked, or other champs kill the minions first.

Quote:
Lorifel:

Question: what do you think about having 2-3 Doran's Rings as your first items on Taric? Let me see, he is rather mana-intensive, has heal (hence no need for HP regen), has armour aura (so raw HP would be rather effective) and some nice AP ratios, but he is not a great farmer (so being cheap is a plus). Your thoughts?


You will rock early game but you will suffer greatly late game.