Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot-Leona: Shouldn't She Be AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yvo

07-17-2012

Leona had the most CC in the game prior to Naut, and he just outclasses her in pretty much every way.

Lady Ash

07-17-2012

Which is why Leona needs some work! Common Riot. Please? <3

Pro Gamer Boobs

07-17-2012

I don't see what's wrong with making her abilities have higher AP ratios but still retain that low base damage.

That way she's still somewhat dependent on teammates to make her damage high but can hold off solo-lanes or jungle at relative ease.

Autocthon

07-17-2012

Leona has:

Strong Synergy with raw HP (what 0CS is likely to get)
Lots of CC
Strong defensive steroid (level W as fast as you can)

A good Leona in 0CS role can tank well enough, the issue is that even a GREAT Leona is unlikely to be able to leverage early advantage (and keep it) against supports like Janna/Soraka/Sona

People underestimate what 70 armor/MR is worth :/

Pro Gamer Boobs

07-17-2012

Quote:
Autocthon:
Leona has:

Lots of CC

A good Leona in 0CS role can tank well enough, the issue is that even a GREAT Leona is unlikely to be able to leverage early advantage (and keep it) against supports like Janna/Soraka/Sona

I don't think people on this thread are underestimating it. They just wish it could be put to use in other roles where it can shine more. But in this current, strict meta, she's stuck in bottom lane.

I just want her ratios to be buffed so has the option to deal damage and handle single lanes, but retain her low base damage so she's not overpowered with her passive.

Pitufito Dell

07-17-2012

Quote:
Autocthon:
Leona has:

Lots of CC

Why someone wants a 70 defensive streoid, if no one wants to target you for being a tank? C'mon! Why should someone target leona after she lands her cc? Is there a reason?
THAT's the main problem. There is no reason to target leona... never...

Autocthon

07-17-2012

Quote:
Pitufito Dell:
Why someone wants a 70 defensive streoid, if no one wants to target you for being a tank? C'mon! Why should someone target leona after she lands her cc? Is there a reason?
THAT's the main problem. There is no reason to target leona... never...

That's not issues with her laning or scaling.

That's more issues with the way her passive works and the fact that she doesn't have a reliable constant damage source (Hint: Change W to deal damage pulses more frequently for decent damage and she'd be golden)

Keitterman

07-17-2012

Quote:
Autocthon:
Leona has:

Lots of CC

I think she needs some attention, but I don't think she is outclassed by Janna/Sona/Soraka, she plays a different role, tanky support, so she can really bully those champs.

when i'm matched against those champs, i look for them to make positioning mistakes, like getting too close to their ad carry so i can get eclipse dmg on both of them. if they turn to get a shot on me, I'm going to get more of an advantage because the stun is comming.

With Janna and Soraka, i try to get even dmg on both them and their carry, with Sona i just try and get most of my dmg on her, since she's really squishy and heals multiple targets.

Xian Shadowsong

07-17-2012

Any Lane Leona is in needs to be AGGRESSIVE. Pair her off with an assassin hero with a jump in ability. Watch your foes scatter and die before you. Her and Talon are an amazing team, or her and Xin. Hell even Ezreal, anyone who can close a bit of distance to catch up with her grabs will be able to rape the lane, pillage and plunder.

Makubexs

07-17-2012

Quote:
Ebonea:
Also, one think I hate about her is that she is considered a "support tank." The bad thing about that is, it seems harder for me to get assists as her. She has no heal, aura or barrier to be placed on the AD carry in lane. So usually I'm constantly missing out on assists when my AD gets a kill (champion or minion). This seems to be a problem as well. Thoughts?

But she does have a stun mush like Amumu she can help others get away