@Riot-Leona: Shouldn't She Be AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitterman

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitufito Dell View Post
I like leona, but she feels weak after all... most time, you can't win battles. Even whit Taric, I soloed AD carries, but leona... lacks... threat.
Well, with a good AD range that knows you're just going in for harrass, and doesn't sell the farm when you dive, you can do ok with her as 0 CS support


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chill77

Senior Member

07-16-2012

I recently played dominion with Leona, where everyone basically gets their full item build. Abyssal, Frozen Heart, Sunfire Cape and MR boots let her not only be tanky, but deal a significant amount of damage. Abyssal increased her passive's damage and Sunfire's, and you're tanky as hell. The cd reduction from masteries+FH is great. Essentially, even with her poor ap ratios, she can deal a fair amount of damage alone, and with allies, her damage becomes incredible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitterman

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill77 View Post
I recently played dominion with Leona, where everyone basically gets their full item build. Abyssal, Frozen Heart, Sunfire Cape and MR boots let her not only be tanky, but deal a significant amount of damage. Abyssal increased her passive's damage and Sunfire's, and you're tanky as hell. The cd reduction from masteries+FH is great. Essentially, even with her poor ap ratios, she can deal a fair amount of damage alone, and with allies, her damage becomes incredible.
Abyssal does nothing for her passive. The dmg is attributed to the player that triggers it, using their spell pen. If sunfire does magic dmg, then that would make a differene, but not her passive, it's completely to other ppl, and that is by design so she doesn't accidentally snipe ppl's kills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitterman

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by goremote View Post
... If you want to start hitting hard with her, build a Triforce and some CDR and watch your Q damage skyrocket. Seriously, it's a bit silly how hard that hits -- never mind the fact that it stuns, too. Oh, and if it crits, it consumes the Sunlight debuff too, so there's even more damage...
why would it critting consume sunlight? I think that's inaccurate, only another team member is supposed to be able to trigger it, not?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MCMCMAN2

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kityypants View Post
your kidding right . lol . she is pretty awesome . a single stun a stun that could stun a team . a slow and a ability start fights . yeah . ok . worst tank ever . lol . she can turn a team fight around greatly .
If combo'd well, she can lock a single target in place for 3.6 seconds. So, yes, shes pretty good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitterman

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMCMAN2 View Post
If combo'd well, she can lock a single target in place for 3.6 seconds. So, yes, shes pretty good.
if done poorly shen or ramus can drag a target to whereever for 2-2.5 seconds


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chill77

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
Abyssal does nothing for her passive. The dmg is attributed to the player that triggers it, using their spell pen. If sunfire does magic dmg, then that would make a differene, but not her passive, it's completely to other ppl, and that is by design so she doesn't accidentally snipe ppl's kills.
Abyssal decreases enemies' magic resist. This would mean that her passive will do more damage when set off because they have less magic resist, regardless of ally's spell pen.
Also, you get a nice amount mr, always nice


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Ash

Senior Member

07-16-2012

I really hope Riot sees this page. Maybe they'll get some ideas from it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitterman

Senior Member

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill77 View Post
Abyssal decreases enemies' magic resist. This would mean that her passive will do more damage when set off because they have less magic resist, regardless of ally's spell pen.
Also, you get a nice amount mr, always nice
oh, i was thinking of that other time that is just flat spell pen for you, my mistake


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Menkhor

Senior Member

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussiangreg View Post
The real question is why are you playing Leona? She is basically the Karma of the tanks, you know how Karma is the laughing stock between the other supports? Well that's Leona with the other tanks.
Really? I thought that was Sejuani...