@Riot-Leona: Shouldn't She Be AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Ash

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLaughLol View Post
I question what your role as a support is, if youre not getting assists. I am guessing, you are one of those Leonas that sits in the bush all day and never intiates? You should be using all your skills to help your carry get kills, and that is how you get assists. if you want to put shields on people play Janna, if heals Sona/Soraka. Youre obviously confused on what a support tank is.
No. I do initiate. I think the issue is that Leona doesn't have enough defense/health maybe? Cause I do initiate. I don't sit there like a lump on a log. But I run out of health easily (due to lack of HP or defense, I don't know), so I then have to run and lose an assist because there's no lingering effects like there are with Sona or Janna (which I do play as well. Support is kind of my thing). Then when I lose assists, I start to fall behind. A behind tank is not a good thing. I don't know how to fix this problem with Leona exactly. AP was just my first thought. All I know is that Riot really needs to take another look at her.

I want to thank everyone for the posts so far. I hope for them to keep coming. Maybe if Riot see's enough interest in this, they might do something.

invincible13matt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfriendsmen View Post
Leona is currently a popular choice for a bot lane with a kill lane set up. She has a potential of 2 stuns, 1 of them on a VERY short cd. And with a snare and the 1 guaranteed stun, it's pretty easy to land the 2nd stun. Her CC is simply too much for any amount of damage increase to be balanced on her. That being said, as I stated first, she is a popular choice and can be played very effectively
If Leona's CC is too much for damage, then I can't imagine what you think of Nautilus.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible13matt View Post
If Leona's CC is too much for damage, then I can't imagine what you think of Nautilus.
He has a pull, snare, and knock up, not stuns. Two of his three CC stop the opponent from reacting at all, snares don't. So all and all, Leona can shut a champion down utterly for 3.25 seconds. Nautilus gets about 2.5 seconds maxed.

invincible13matt

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
He has a pull, snare, and knock up, not stuns. Two of his three CC stop the opponent from reacting at all, snares don't. So all and all, Leona can shut a champion down utterly for 3.25 seconds. Nautilus gets about 2.5 seconds maxed.
Nautilus' R alone hits for 3 seconds at level 3, not to mention that it being a knock up makes it superior to stuns, as it can't be reduced by tenacity, and in addition, it is more likely to hard CC someone with it than it is with Leona's R. Nautilus' CC can be independent of his mana due to the fact that it's attached to his passive and his pull has a roughly .5 second stun attached to it as all pulls do. In addition, he also has a relatively powerful AoE slow with a fairly large area.

I'm sorry, Naut's CC is significantly more disruptive than Leona's, and his damage is better.

LastLaughLol

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonea View Post
No. I do initiate. I think the issue is that Leona doesn't have enough defense/health maybe? Cause I do initiate. I don't sit there like a lump on a log. But I run out of health easily (due to lack of HP or defense, I don't know), so I then have to run and lose an assist because there's no lingering effects like there are with Sona or Janna (which I do play as well. Support is kind of my thing). Then when I lose assists, I start to fall behind. A behind tank is not a good thing. I don't know how to fix this problem with Leona exactly. AP was just my first thought. All I know is that Riot really needs to take another look at her.

I want to thank everyone for the posts so far. I hope for them to keep coming. Maybe if Riot see's enough interest in this, they might do something.
In a scenario where Leona intiates.(Preferably on a carry, or 1 shot soraka/sona with ignite on Leona. ) You should be burning their SS, if your ranged AD is a good one. They shouldnt be making you retreat, Always use intiate with E, W,Q , or W, E,Q. Oh wait...youre maxing W right?

LastLaughLol

07-16-2012

Quote:
Who cares really about the CC train? Sure its good in lane. But Naut does wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more AoE dmg,has a shield and has AoE CC. Nautilus easily outclasses Leona, no questions asked.

Jamaree

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible13matt View Post
Nautilus' R alone hits for 3 seconds at level 3, not to mention that it being a knock up makes it superior to stuns, as it can't be reduced by tenacity, and in addition, it is more likely to hard CC someone with it than it is with Leona's R. Nautilus' CC can be independent of his mana due to the fact that it's attached to his passive and his pull has a roughly .5 second stun attached to it as all pulls do. In addition, he also has a relatively powerful AoE slow with a fairly large area.

I'm sorry, Naut's CC is significantly more disruptive than Leona's, and his damage is better.
The stun and knock up are two seconds actually, the stun starts at the time of being knocked up and once two seconds are over, whether in the air or back on the ground, you are free to move, then combined with the .5 seconds of his pull/stun in that, that still amounts to 2.5 seconds compared to 3.25 seconds, now think about it. What if Leona had Nautilus DPS...while being able to stun lock as hard as she could already? Not a snare or pull, but three stuns worth 3.25 seconds total. While he does do more damage, his CC isn't as powerful as a whole.

Lady Ash

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLaughLol View Post
In a scenario where Leona intiates.(Preferably on a carry, or 1 shot soraka/sona with ignite on Leona. ) You should be burning their SS, if your ranged AD is a good one. They shouldnt be making you retreat, Always use intiate with E, W,Q , or W, E,Q. Oh wait...youre maxing W right?
Yes, I max W as soon as I can. I take all three, and then work on maxing W ( along with R or course). I usually go W,E,Q or E, W, Q like you said. Throwing R in there somewhere depending on the situation. I get complemented on my support a lot actually, but Leona is missing something I can feel it. She just doesn't feel right.

invincible13matt

07-16-2012

Quote:
The stun and knock up are two seconds actually, the stun starts at the time of being knocked up and once two seconds are over, whether in the air or back on the ground, you are free to move, then combined with the .5 seconds of his pull/stun in that, that still amounts to 2.5 seconds compared to 3.25 seconds, now think about it. What if Leona had Nautilus DPS...while being able to stun lock as hard as she could already? Not a snare or pull, but three stuns worth 3.25 seconds total. While he does do more damage, his CC isn't as powerful as a whole.
That is not how Nautilus' R works, similar to how Alistar's Pulverize doesn't work that way. Just watch the example video provided in the client; the swirl indicating stun doesn't go away until the second tick.

I find it amusing that you think that a pull is weaker than Leona's stun. Pulls are the most one-sided initiation tools in the game. And (RAR), Leona's E is not a stun. Leona's stun lasts for 2.75 seconds. Her E is only a snare. Her E is only a snare. HER E IS ONLY A SNARE I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE STILL THINK IT STUNS. *deep breath*

And being able to snare literally everyone on the team without a lot of effort seems to be a little strong and something you might have missed.

iStarter

07-16-2012

Leona is a pretty strong tank O.o just her early game in bot is sort of off if you play too passive