@Riot-Leona: Shouldn't She Be AP?

12345612 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

The only reason I could ever see AP as a good thing on Leona over auras, defense and support items would be if they made her passive scale on AP. Most of her damage comes from having an ally throw shots in between each of her own hits, and it definitely adds up. Proccing 3-4 Sunlight marks is, even at level 1, +80 damage, and it just keeps getting better. It's really fun with an ally like Teemo, cause DoTs apply damage in ticks :3

Theorizes the non-Leona player...

Lady Ash

07-16-2012

I usually build her
Ionian Boots of Ludicy
Locket of The Iron Solari
Shurelya's Reverie
Randuin's Omen
Frozen Mallet
Frozen Heart.

But, it seems for the most part, we're all in agreement that Leona needs some more work to be a viable pick. I really enjoy playing as her, but she just falls off. She really needs more of a presence. I really hope that Riot reads this. Leona is an awesome character that they created. I'd hate to see their hard work go to wast, because they didn't keep her viable.

Lady Ash

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
The only reason I could ever see AP as a good thing on Leona over auras, defense and support items would be if they made her passive scale on AP. Most of her damage comes from having an ally throw shots in between each of her own hits, and it definitely adds up. Proccing 3-4 Sunlight marks is, even at level 1, +80 damage, and it just keeps getting better. It's really fun with an ally like Teemo, cause DoTs apply damage in ticks :3

Theorizes the non-Leona player...
I'm talking about Riot giving her more Ability Power. Which would make her abilities have more of a punch. Heck, to be honest I think I'd be happy with more Armor or anything at this point. She just seems like she's missing something. Like the others have pointed out, she just doesn't have enough damage/supportiness to really fill the role given to her.

Lady Ash

07-16-2012

Le Bump?

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

The thing about Leona is that she can't have higher AP ratios or bases. She has CC, stupid amounts of it, three out of her four moves are stuns, and chain them altogether, you get 3.25 seconds of stunning if your opponent has no CC reduction of any kind. Can you imagine that though? Being stunned for that long as WELL as damage been piled on you? She is meant to flow with carries, increasing her ratios along with the amount of CC she has would simply break her, I feel she needs something, but more AP isn't it.

LastLaughLol

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonea View Post
Also, one think I hate about her is that she is considered a "support tank." The bad thing about that is, it seems harder for me to get assists as her. She has no heal, aura or barrier to be placed on the AD carry in lane. So usually I'm constantly missing out on assists when my AD gets a kill (champion or minion). This seems to be a problem as well. Thoughts?
I question what your role as a support is, if youre not getting assists. I am guessing, you are one of those Leonas that sits in the bush all day and never intiates? You should be using all your skills to help your carry get kills, and that is how you get assists. if you want to put shields on people play Janna, if heals Sona/Soraka. Youre obviously confused on what a support tank is.

Desocupado

07-16-2012

Well, she increases other people'd damage with her double stun and innitiation.
Try a dot champion with her, like Cassiopeia.

Vencu

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
The thing about Leona is that she can't have higher AP ratios or bases. She has CC, stupid amounts of it, three out of her four moves are stuns, and chain them altogether, you get 3.25 seconds of stunning if your opponent has no CC reduction of any kind. Can you imagine that though? Being stunned for that long as WELL as damage been piled on you? She is meant to flow with carries, increasing her ratios along with the amount of CC she has would simply break her, I feel she needs something, but more AP isn't it.
she has 1 guaranteed stun, 1 that if your in the center is a stun and if not it's a slow, and 1 that's a snare...

Jamaree

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamserX View Post
she has 1 guaranteed stun, 1 that if your in the center is a stun and if not it's a slow, and 1 that's a snare...
Her E skillshot works as a stun, or at least a mini stun, when that animation hits you, if you aren't already doing a move, you can't use any action while she is zooming to you, her Q is indeed her only guaranteed stun, but her ultimate is a ranged stun as well. Even if only one stun is guaranteed, that is still 3.25 seconds max of you not being able to do anything, higher AP ratios would still break her.

bigfriendsmen

07-16-2012

Leona is currently a popular choice for a bot lane with a kill lane set up. She has a potential of 2 stuns, 1 of them on a VERY short cd. And with a snare and the 1 guaranteed stun, it's pretty easy to land the 2nd stun. Her CC is simply too much for any amount of damage increase to be balanced on her. That being said, as I stated first, she is a popular choice and can be played very effectively

12345612 ... 21