Waste of skins, time and money?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nah Me

08-29-2012

This is just my opinion, have your own and whatever. Also if this isn't the right place to put this thread admins can move it, because I wasn't sure.

I just think sometimes League needs to stop favoring champions when they come out with skins, for example, the typical one to look at is Teemo, but not only that but they make the skins for what I assume is some of the least played champions like Xerath. PERSONALLY, I'd love to see more skins come out for Skarner, Yorick and others, and perhaps since her patch, a skin revamp for Eve?

Although, I do compliment riot on their new skins they recently put out on the beta, for those of you who don't know about them, check them out, get the beta, they're pretty awesome

Nah Me

08-29-2012

no one else agrees?

Nah Me

08-29-2012

so it's just me?

Nea De Penserhir

08-29-2012

Yep, just you.

Llanite

08-29-2012

+1 for your post.

Some skins just aint worth it, they look ugly/almost like the original, making people dont want to buy one.

On the other hands, most people dont buy a 2nd/3rd skin of the same champion and making more skins of that champ wont encourage further purchasing ;/

Leblanc needs a real skin!

DoomScar

08-29-2012

They favor champions that are most frequently played.

Like, "Flavor of the Month" thing.

For example:

There are a lot of Teemo/Sona/Xerath from the past x months, they make a skin for them.
If they release a skin for an unpopular champion, no one will buy it, and it's just a waste of work time. (I'm fairly surprised there's no new Soraka skins still, though)

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

You have to realize that Riot is a company, and like any company they will target those products who are the most popular to give skins to. As long as Teemo is described as a super adorable little creature, people are going to buy his skins just because, in fact, you probably own a Teemo skin don't you?

Vuther

08-29-2012

They've stated part of the reason Teemo is a common source of skins because his model is easy to work with.

AmericanSyrup

08-29-2012

I'd prefer a rework of Soraka...the ugliest character in the game. moreso than trundle =-)

Vuther

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFCStroud View Post
I'd prefer a rework of Soraka...the ugliest character in the game. moreso than trundle =-)
Well duh, of course Soraka is uglier than the sexiest champion in the game after Gragas. You're just being redundant.