elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

X plicit 1

07-15-2012

what do you think?

instead of integrating players playing their first 50 ranked matches with everyone else, have them instead play with players with >50 ranked games played themselves. everyone can still start at 1200 elo or whatever the exact number is, but instead of players playing their very first ranked match with players that have played 300+ they'd be playing with players with roughly the same amount of ranked games played. think of it like another stepping stone from normals, to normal draft pick, to beginner ranked. another example of this would be sports teams they have double a and tripple a before the majors, not to mention t-ball and junior league play.

I've been playing at and around the 1050~ elo bracket for a while and every time i get back up to around 1200 elo i start to get guys with less than 50 total ranked games played. i understand that we were all there at one point, but this would help ease them into ranked play, give them a sense of what they are and aren't capable of, all while sparing the rest of the populous the headache of having to watch them learn the things that they learned 200+ games ago

#TROLLMENOWGOGO

KnightxSScarlett

07-16-2012

Quoting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMetal View Post
what do you think?
instead of integrating players playing their first 50 ranked matches with everyone else, have them instead play with players with >50 ranked games played themselves.
Your suggestion is to just match them against people that aren't new? To have people with less than 50 ranked matches play with people who have more?

X plicit 1

07-16-2012

WOW. where did i loseyou? was it the less than sign ( >)? maybe i should edit the > to actually say LESS THAN

Isomodia

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMetal View Post
WOW. where did i loseyou? was it the less than sign ( >)? maybe i should edit the > to actually say LESS THAN
That's... greater than, brobro. Nice try though.