last pick = support? wtff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Outplay Nation

03-04-2012

So im duo queue with my high elo friends and every game he is 1st queue and iam last pick and everyone tell me that i gota go support but im not good at supprot and i dont like playing support i prefer top mid or jungle why do people always ask the last pick to supprot i dont understand

Forrestfire15

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

The last-pick is the lowest ELO, so the people above you get more priority for playing the roles they want. Generally when I queue, I trust the earlier picks more for the other roles.

Biffels

03-04-2012

^that really makes no sense either.

If anything, last pick can be one of the most important picks. In draft it is always best to find a team comp all 5 can play well and counter as you go. Even if that involves you picking something you cant play well at all but the last pick guy can...you can trade at the end as long as you coordinate it well enough where you both have the other's champ in order to trade.

There is no point why last pick should be stuck picking the support. First pick support can be just as good. If I see them pick Amumu first (assuming he wasn't banned of course) I would appreciate our first 2 picks include Sona so they don't end up with probably the best CC combo in the game.
If first pick picks karthus (why you would pick your AP carry first is beyond me) then it'd be nice if the same team picked soraka asap to avoid the RequiemLOLwish situation that robs karthus is 1-2 kills in the late early game and mid game.

Just my thoughts. Supports are a big deal and shouldn't be left to just whoever is last.

BlackJesus101

03-05-2012

last but not least support can be trickier to play than other roles and not many people put much effort into learning it meaning lowest elo supports fails at it then bot lane loses and ad carry is useless so yeh people tha say that are just being selfish cuz they dont want to be support if they were the last pick they would be raging and refusing to go support themselves

on another note the most preferred pick order for me in terms of the best/easiest lanes to counter pick i like my team to pick the ad carry and support first since counter picks arent a huge problem for bot then jungler then mid then solo top solo top is best lane to counter imo followed by mid then jungle

Spark

03-05-2012

How about learn to play all roles? u mad cuz u bad

MCMCMAN2

03-05-2012

I actually agree with Moonshine. The way I see it, your the last guy who gets to pick. Really, I don't think you should be playing draft if you cant play at least 3 roles well. Also, if this is ranked, then your awful. You need 4 or 5 roles down, and probly 2 champs per for ranked. If you know that your always getting hit up for support, then learn to play support. And if you like playing solo top, then get alister, shen, or taric. They are tanky supports. Probably the best fit for you. I know you wanted to hear "Oh, dont worry, people can be mean, and your right." No, sometimes you have to sacrifice a little bit of enjoyment so that you aren't screwing over 4 other people...

LichKingRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2012

Well Solo/Duo Queue are always like that. When queue with team given that the team members have significant number of heroes, First pick usually goes for support. Then the enemy team choose two. When enemy choose two, they ususally go for range/support. Support being counterpicking the enemy support. Then we pick range + Jungle. Again jungler gives threat to all lanes and hard to be counterpicked, ofcourse there are exceptions. Then the enemy team pick Jungler and Solo top, their jungler counterpicking and solo top countering the ganks. At last we pick Soloers, counterpicking ofcourse. Then their ap mid will counterpick ours.

That's usually how we normally pick. Usually counterpicking the enemy champs.

Solo/Duo are all about who get the champ they want to play. They would trade off for supposibly op champ first pick. ( Rammus/Shen/Shaco if not banned, first pick picks them)

Haen

03-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffels View Post
^that really makes no sense either.

If anything, last pick can be one of the most important picks. In draft it is always best to find a team comp all 5 can play well and counter as you go. Even if that involves you picking something you cant play well at all but the last pick guy can...you can trade at the end as long as you coordinate it well enough where you both have the other's champ in order to trade.

There is no point why last pick should be stuck picking the support. First pick support can be just as good. If I see them pick Amumu first (assuming he wasn't banned of course) I would appreciate our first 2 picks include Sona so they don't end up with probably the best CC combo in the game.
If first pick picks karthus (why you would pick your AP carry first is beyond me) then it'd be nice if the same team picked soraka asap to avoid the RequiemLOLwish situation that robs karthus is 1-2 kills in the late early game and mid game.

Just my thoughts. Supports are a big deal and shouldn't be left to just whoever is last.
Everything you said here is right, assuming you're not talking about solo queue. In solo queue, everyone plays what they want and its not support. Even the pro support players typically don't play support in solo queue.

Its just a role that gets passed to the last pick if you don't already have one. And if you want to win, you need a support.

I would suggest to the OP that you do'nt queue with that friend anymore as hes obviously much higher rank than you and instead find someone more around your ELO so that you're not always last pick.

Mean Girls

03-05-2012

tl;tr Learn support better, its an aspect of the game that must be perfected if you want to play solo queue. No way around it, you have to learn every role well if you want to get anywhere in solo, otherwise, have fun in "hell." =)

TufellsBull

07-16-2012

to get out of elo hell, playin with higher elo friends is the best option, but u are always last pick and often they dont care wat u prefer. So u gotta adapt urself and learn to support. No way.
Try easy supports like soraka (easy but rly strong with some carry, like graves or ezreal) or tanky supp like alistar (less easy but rly useful and less squishY XD).