AP Junglers and Blue Buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mjd24

07-16-2012

I primarily jungle as either Maokai, Amumu, Nautilus, or Fiddle(The Fiddle claim being nearly a lie in its generosity) and I have been trying my best to perfect my game with them while working towards Ranked.

I know that is I have an Anivia mid, then I have to give them the second blue on, and there are a handful that span from "required"(Swaim/Lux) to "recommended"(Annie/Brand) and I would like to feed them to my team more often, but I frequently run into the problem that my favorite junglers are also very mana hungry.

Maokai definitely feels the most mana hungry, followed by Mumu, and then Naut (after lvl 3 or 4 shield, Naut can just faster jungle camp clears for more mana by only shielding).

I don't have a good summary statement, so...
wat do?

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

Ping them for it, if they don't come, they don't want it. Get philo stone and/or RoA, and if tanky get FH too. I jungle Maokai, and can jungle Amumu, and with both champions I can give second blue to mid because of philo/catalyst, and subsequent blues also.

Now, Fiddlesticks and Karthus, that's a different story. Don't pick them into teams with mana hungry mids.

Mjd24

07-16-2012

I don't think I have ever seen ROA recommended for an AP Jungle Tank.

But ya, Philo and HOG are my first back items.

I guess my real questions was, I have been dealing with this by either just backing a bunch, or trying to farm without using much mana for a little while, or carting around mana pots.
I also try to work in stealing their blue as much as possible, but that is always risky.

Boomstick II

07-16-2012

I know exactly what you mean, some of those junglers are very difficult to manage mana with. I would suggest getting an earlier shurelyas in those games where you're really struggling. You're not really losing out on money if the extra mana regen (and the active and cdr) help you secure more kills or farm more.

bob000

07-16-2012

AUG is a godsend to these junglers. They all tend to have ap ratios and cc skills that benefit from cdr.

Mjd24

07-17-2012

Going from Philo to Shurelyia's gets me 8 additional mp5, but I lose my GP5, so that's probably where I have been afraid to do that. I like to milk the GP5 cow for as long as I can get away with. I actually tend to go
Rejuv, 1 health pot
1B=Philo and HOG
2B=tier 2 boots (if possible)
3B=As far into frozen heart as possible, finish frozen heart, or
3Bish=Glacial shroud and Kinglegem
4B= Finish Frozen heart and or Shurelyas.

So it's entirely possible that I am just setting myself up for a slightly more difficult time, mana wise.

And that is the reason I ahve been struggling to get Athenes into my build; If I keep Frozen heart and Shurelya's then I waste 100% of Athenes CDR.
If I replace Frozen Heart with Athenes... well, then I don't have a Frozen heart... which I guess maybe I should get better at selecting situationally instead of it being my go-to?

bob000

07-17-2012

Shurelia's active is just to strong to delay much. Milk your other gp5 but get Shurelia early.