How to carry a bad team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mrpebbles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

I've recently been wondering this. I have been going duo queue with my buddy in the bottom lane. He is not that great, but we have something that the other bottom lane lacks - communication. Due to this advantage, we manage to rack up quite a few kills before the laning phase is over. Usually, we have about 5 or 6 kills over their bottom lane, and much more farm. However, I tend to find the rest of my team cannot win teamfights; even my buddy doesn't do too well. Whoever I play, they always maul me because I'm the one carrying the team. The rest of my team accomplishes little to nothing, and the opposing team keeps focusing me.

Looking at the past few games, one might notice I have a lot of kills. I started the mid game with few deaths, and many kills. However, I just cannot carry teamfights as I die to the combined focus of 5 other people. Here's my question, GD: What can I do to carry team fights, when all 4 other members of my team seem to lack the ability to do anything (i.e. damage the other team, or even protect me, etc), AND the other team tends to be fairly fed off the other lanes.

IS13c4a25d25d2b5

07-16-2012

I'm sure this will answer your question and help you out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=***********

Tempestphile

07-16-2012

you teemo your enemy

Windless Bear

07-16-2012

You have to make sure the others go in first. You want to be able to do as much damage as possible while not being the focus of any attacks for as long as possible. Try to destroy the enemy AD and AP, as well as any Disablers as a priority.

If you're really strong it can also be worth it to attempt to just annihilate the support if you catch them out of position, since certain supports (Janna, Soraka) can be pretty soft.

Tizjiz

07-16-2012

There is only so much you can do. If you are mid and winning always go for a gank after pushing or invade the jungle if you have a strong caster.

FootFury

07-16-2012

Stay positive

Aean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

Try to lead them. Even bad players will follow you if you talk right, shepherd them to objectives like dragons, make sure you have ward control (ward major teamfight areas, get rid of enemy wards) and try to make sure they at least have good initiation. Remember that securing global gold can really bring your team back in the game. If you can get your team to work as a unit, you'll be surprised how much better they do. If you can't, you can basically just give it up as a lost cause.

Mrpebbles

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkelion View Post
You have to make sure the others go in first. You want to be able to do as much damage as possible while not being the focus of any attacks for as long as possible. Try to destroy the enemy AD and AP, as well as any Disablers as a priority.

If you're really strong it can also be worth it to attempt to just annihilate the support if you catch them out of position, since certain supports (Janna, Soraka) can be pretty soft.
I try to do this - but often my team won't engage or initiate properly. Think IQ of a turtle, sadly. Other times, I'll send my buddy in to try and tank them, but that hardly works either.

Also, they go straight past my team mates, as they tend to not be very threatening.

accuracy1st

07-16-2012

you make good plays, and know how to play and what you can and can't get away with.

it's not hard, unless you yourself are not that good at understanding what it takes to win.

Zydion

Associate Software Engineer

07-16-2012

So if your team absolutely doesn't know what's going on carrying as an AD champion is the worst you can do since you need a ton of farm and kills to be effective and even then enemy bruisers can still drop you if your team doesn't protect you or your positioning is subpar.

The only real way to carry a team is if both you and your buddy are good and take on more influential roles such as jungler/mid/top. So that with two good players you have more influence on the entire map than just one lane. In this case, if you are a good jungler/mid, even if your bot isn't as good, you can help them get fed, which in turn leads to victory. No one really can single hand carry a team 1v5 in LoL