Do you build Kayle AP or AD

AP 195 49.87%
AD 196 50.13%
Voters: 391. You may not vote on this poll

Kayle AD or AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Public Noobity

10-29-2011

So i'm trying to work out which is the best way to play Kayle.. it seems AD is better than AP, but people don't seem to like me building AD Kayle. All the guides I have read seem to be split down the middle as to which way to go.

How does everyone else play her?

Drakorath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2011

I used to play her as a hybrid, but I haven't played her since gunblade was nerfed, so idk.

FF20 BOYS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2011

Hybrid.

SynergyDreamer

10-29-2011

She WAS a hybrid...now just on-hit?

Killrazor

10-29-2011

hybrid... items below are what works good. obvious not every game and every item..

rageblade
hextech
nashors
madreds
rabadons
malady
wits end
cleaver

all good items.. personally i like nashors and rageblade early on or malady...

But if you were going to go either ad or ap, ap is better.

ForeverLaxx

10-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killrazor View Post
hybrid... items below are what works good. obvious not every game and every item..

rageblade
hextech
nashors
madreds
rabadons
malady
wits end
cleaver

all good items.. personally i like nashors and rageblade early on or malady...

But if you were going to go either ad or ap, ap is better.
I disagree that AP is better than AD thanks to the change to her slow scaling with both AD and AP. The only benefit AP has over AD now is a stronger heal, which wasn't that strong to begin with and is more useful as a speed boost.

With that said, I usually build what one might call hybrid with a side of OnHit. An early Nashor's for capped CDR and a Gunblade, followed with Cleaver. After that it's mostly situational but you can't go wrong with a Malady at this point to stack that passive shredding she already gets.

Public Noobity

10-29-2011

well this is how i build AD..

Tiamat.->.Berzerker greaves ->, Guinsoo's Rage Blade -> Black Cleaver ->Hextech Gunblade -> Bloodthirster -> sell tiamat and either Phontom dancer or Mandreds Blood razor

Narvuntien

10-29-2011

I hate playing AD.... I just don't like it... it doesn't fit my play style and it doesn't work for me.

So I play on- Hit Kayle. Nashors Tooth Core, with Wit's end, Malady and Madreds.

I have often played AP Kayle as well... it is kind of pointless but I still love my AoE perma slow from Rylai's and my Burst from DFG + 10%.

give me back my 0.5 AP ratio heal... grrrrr!!!

b3t3

10-29-2011

AP is definitely my play style - going hextech help a bit health leech
boots of swift - nashor tooths - rabadons deathcap - hextech gunblade - abyssal scepter - void staff

acosn

10-29-2011

Hybrid.

HTGB + boots + Guinsoo's Rageblade is your core items. Gold per gold spent Rageblade is the most efficient item in the game for anyone who can utilize both the AD and the AP, and that makes it right up Kayle's alley. The gunblade is a natural pursuit item that works great with Kayle because she already has her Q. It basically means that if you want to chase someone they're going to have to be Master Yi to get away from you. For boots 'zerker greaves, and sorc boots are both options, but its probably safe to assume the other team isn't stupid and you'll have to get merc treads. Elaisa's Miracle and the Moonflair spellblade are both viable replacements, but I'd only take them to net sorc boots- attack speed is real easy to compensate for.

In the current meta I'd honestly just make her other three items Malady, Wit's End and Madred's Blood Razor. With so many soaks being the favored characters right now along with Atmogg's being all the rage its a pretty natural combo for shredding through someone's HP in a hurry without being terribly easy to kill yourself.

You don't want to go pure AP- there's just not enough reasons to do it. You're not Soraka. You're not Karma.

You don't want to go pure AD- you simply lack the skill kit to make it even work.