Rainmeter: Skin and Champion Sales Desktop Tracker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kienan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

BE SURE TO GRAB THE MOST RECENT VERSION IN THE EDIT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

I don't visit the forums here much, but thought I'd post this in case people were interested.

First, some information on Rainmeter, which is a desktop modification program, for those of you who aren't familiar. It lets you download (or build) skins/widgets for your desktop, that can do various things.

I posted it on Reddit here (I'm linking so you can keep track of updates easier, if you want.)

Anyway:

I was inspired by another post, where someone made a Free Champion Rotation tracker. Check that out as well, if you're interested. I thought it would be cool to make one that tracks currently active sales.

I looked up some tutorials, and I've attached a screenshot of what I came up with.

The green text is sale price in RP, the red text is regular price.

Note that, while it is completely functional, it is still mostly untested. I know it won't hold up to two sales at the same time, for instance. I need to wait till that occurs before I can modify accordingly. Similarly, I'll need to see what formatting changes I may need to make when new champs/skins roll around. Also, unlike my inspiration, my icons don't currently link to anywhere, although I did include two resource links in the top left.

*LoLKing Model Viewer* is, of course, this, and *In-Game Screenshots* leads to this useful thread, on these very forums. I set it to double-click, to help avoid misclicks; I theorize no one likes unintentional web popups from your desktop. ;)

If you'd like to check it out, I uploaded it here: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2pwLDJ5VDItSndJLThLRXlGa1E/edit

For those of you worried about the file size, it's as large as it is because it has to contain every single (hopefully, at least! :P) loading splash art: 517 files. Blame Teemo. It's all pictures and one text file.

To install merely extract the *League of Legends Sales* folder into your Rainmeter *Skins* folder, usually *My Documents/Rainmeter/Skins*. Then, from Rainmeter, select Refresh All and then, again from Rainmeter select *Skins* > *League of Legends Sales*, and check *Sales.ini*.

Feedback, bug reports, and any advice/feature suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Enjoy,
~Kienan.

New version, supporting (rough) display of two sales at once. Feel free to check it out. If not, this current version should cycle to the new sale after the old one expires. Post with links here.

Version 1.2 now up! Major bug fixes, and a new single/dual sale toggle. Post with links here. Enjoy!

-----------

If you find this interesting please post a response so others can see it too. Thanks! :D

Kienan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

And bump.

If you find this interesting please post a response so other people can see it too. Thanks.

Zerok

07-15-2012

Nice!

Rahgar

07-15-2012

I love you so much right now.

Grabbing this and the champ rotation skins as we speak.

Kienan

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahgar View Post
I love you so much right now.

Grabbing this and the champ rotation skins as we speak.
Thanks!

Keep in mind my Sales tracker won't currently handle two sales at once, and may have other issues as well. The format isn't as set as the free champion rotation, so I can't fine tune it until more information surfaces.

Thanks again for the feedback, enjoy! And let me know if you come across any issues. Keep an eye here or on Reddit for updates as well.

Rahgar

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kienan View Post
Thanks!

Keep in mind my Sales tracker won't currently handle two sales at once, and may have other issues as well. The format isn't as set as the free champion rotation, so I can't fine tune it until more information surfaces.

Thanks again for the feedback, enjoy! And let me know if you come across any issues. Keep an eye here or on Reddit for updates as well.
It's a great skin so far, bro. One question though; is there a way I can make the background of the skin transparent? Just direct me to where I can find the color code for it in the coding and I should be able to tweak the color.

Kienan

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahgar View Post
It's a great skin so far, bro. One question though; is there a way I can make the background of the skin transparent? Just direct me to where I can find the color code for it in the coding and I should be able to tweak the color.
Thanks. Search for "[MeterBackground]" and delete:
"SolidColor=0,0,0,155
SolidColor2=0,0,010,180
GradientAngle=210"

EDIT: Actually, better yet, in case you want to revert, and a semi-comma at the start of those three lines to make them 'comments,' and effectively delete them. Remove the semi-commas to revert it.

Kienan

07-15-2012

Bump.

Kienan

07-15-2012

Bump again.

Wadieb

07-15-2012

awesome will download!