Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zyra's Gameplay, Combo, Build Discussion!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Srey

07-15-2012

Quote:
Certainlyt:
All of these combos are effective. None are optimal.

Could you explain? Not really sure what you mean.

What would an "optimal" combo be?

Zerglinator

07-15-2012

Quote:
Certainlyt:
All of these combos are effective. None are optimal.

This quote is made 10x better by the fact that, because of your avatar, I imagine Darius saying it.

Im Contributing

07-15-2012

If I need both, I'll W>E>W>Q>R while playing. I normally max Q first, get W at level 2, but sometimes I grab E at level 2 just incase of ganks from the enemy jungler. Generally I'll use R right after I land an E to maximize my damage.

I normally do the item build of boots +3, 2 Doran's Rings, Rabadon's Deathcap, Rylais (or sometimes a hextech revolver), Void Staff, Unholy Grail (mostly if I'm having to use a lot of mana and I haven't been given blue this is a priority I put after deathcap), DFG.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

07-15-2012

Quote:
Zerglinator:
This quote is made 10x better by the fact that, because of your avatar, I imagine Darius saying it.

Re: Zyra's optimal combo, I'm not telling ;-).

Re: Darius's optimal combo: 1. Hit 'em with your axe; 2. GoTo # 1.

Ding an Sich

07-15-2012

Quote:
Srey:
Wall of text crits reader for 10000damage! Reader has fainted!

Also, I'm kind of disappointed by Zyra's purported "Combos" (by Morello). Really? What combos? Is the enemy going to run away from your plants? WWQER. Is your enemy going to stay near your plants? WWEQR. There is no comboing whatsoever.

Why would you WWE or WWQ? It would seem the best use of her abilities would be EWWQ

Or WEWQ

Lets pretend without ult you do an otherwise full rotation. If you lay your two WW's first then it just tells the opponent where not to go, and to make you waste Q just propping them up or trying to damage the opponent, either way the potential damage lost is a huge waste.

But if you instead snare them with E lay one or two WW's at their feet (id prefer to always have one of the flowers sitting near entry areas for ganks) followed by using Q at that time, they will take the Q damage, and most likely a few shots from your flower(s). Adding and using R in this scenario would just increase your overall damage, and hopefully allow your flowers to finish the gank.

Indolight

07-15-2012

While the hardest to land, this is the strongest combo i have found. Plant a W, during the time after you regen your second seed but the one you dropped is still on the ground(I think you have a 13 second window) land an E on the enemy through your seed, casting W during it's travel time to trigger two slowing plants, throw your Q on them then another W during it's delay, and then drop your ultimate buffing all 3 of your plants

KeberYue

07-16-2012

from my understanding, an optimal combo (without setting up any seeds beforehand) would be:

W

E(snaring the enemy and activating the slow plant)

W

Q(Activating the ranged plant under his foot while hitting him with Q)

R(both your plants will get the frenzy boost, your enemy won't be able to get away due to the slow plant spam)

?
?
?

Profit

Enjoy as you enemy tries in vain to get out of your ult knockup while slowed and get head shoted by your Q Plant.

Fun is doubled if you manage to have 2 seeds set up before starting while having 2 in store.

@Certainlyt Did i get any closer? xD

Dark Skull Kid

07-16-2012

Quote:
Certainlyt:

Re: Darius's optimal combo: 1. Hit 'em with your axe; 2. Go To 1.

I know it, its erwwq/rewwq if you know you'll land e.

amirite

WuXian

07-16-2012

I find that Zyra sort of plays like Lux+Heim...with her seeds are zoning skills which form plants whenever enemy champions are close.

Eredaar

07-16-2012

Quote:
Certainlyt:

Re: Darius's optimal combo: 1. Hit 'em with your axe; 2. GoTo # 1.

I am (pretty) sure I have found her optimal combo e->w->q->w->r make sure they are all in quick succession

Quote:
Dark Skull Kid:
I know it, its erwwq/rewwq if you know you'll land e.

amirite

and definitely not lol you want to plants to be able attack while they are being knocked up

EDIT: oh guy two posts above me got it as well we just had seed placement different