Status of Talon

1234511 ... 28
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dishoveled Panda

07-15-2012

I love this champion, however he needs some changes.

Considering my ELO is very low, and almost all of my games are messing around with champions in normal, some of these changes will be flawed, and some necessary changes will not be made, so bear with me

Talon's Q - I like this ability. It's very nice, and I love the bleed on it, and it scales very nice. Very nice paired up with E. (I will be confronting his passive last) It also resets his AA, which is very nice. (Can you count how many times I said "Very nice"?)

Talon's W - His main ability to creep farm, by far his best ability for damage. Takes some time to get used to, considering that if you E-Q-W combo someone immediately, you're going to most likely not get the damage from the returning affect. This is his best ability (Besides his ult, obviously) when it comes to team fights, since Talon's abilities are on a respectable CD for a assassination, this ability allows him to do damage without jumping directly into the action.

Talon's E - In my opinion this is his most flawed ability, its not a charge, but its a jump (Like Jax, Katarina in a way) however, he cannot jump to friendly minions/champions, I think it would be really nice to add this in to this ability, outside of Talon's ult he has 0 escape potential. Another thing I would like to see for this ability, would see the silence scale, early game the 1second silence is nice, but it falls off later game when Talon relies on his burst to kill someone, and if that doesn't work, he is easily killed within a couple of seconds. I think adding a .25 silence for each rank into this, effectively making it a 2second silence when maxed (Considering you max this last, this wouldn't affect his early game a lot) would tremendously help Talon when it comes to being the "assassin" he is. Another solution I saw on a reddit post about Talon was that it wouldn't be a bad idea to make this ability so when he gets a kill, the CD on it is refreshed.
(http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...blades_shadow/ Link to the reddit post)

Talon's Ult - I love this ability, he can use it to catch up to people, burst someone down and escaping. During Talon's laning phase, this ability is amazing, he can burst someone down remarkably quick. but he becomes extremely reliant on this in team fights, for either bursting or getting away, Im not sure what everyone else's opinions on this ability are like, and I couldn't think of any suggestions for changing this ability, just like his Q.

'Mercy" Talon's Passive - This passive isn't or Talon. In no way shape or form does this fit into his play style, yes he has a slow but Talon is NOT a auto-attack champion. If Talon goes into a team fight wanting to burst someone down, and auto attacking until his CD's come up, you are 99.9% of the time going to die. I don't know what this passive can be changed to, and I would love to hear your guys suggestions, but this passive is terrible for Talon's play style, but this passive needs to be changed.

Edit - Please leave a bump, I love this champion and by far is my most played, and I dont want to see him fall off the LoL scenery. I would love to see this brought to attention. Bumping keeps this thread alive

Edit2 - Im fairly new to this game (I created my account least year, played 1 game didnt really understand anything and left. I started playing seriously the week Hecarim was released) and im glad that It's not just me who notices a problem with Talon's mana.

Edit3 - Im loving these idea's. It seems the general consensus is changes to his E, Passive, and his Mana.

Edit4 - 55 upvotes, Nice! Keep the support coming guys! Lets keep this on the front page!

Reynfall on Page 6 completely sums everything up with Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
I seriously have no clue what they were thinking when they made his passive. Wtf Riot. Seriously.

Mercy: Talon's autoattacks, activated items, and abilities deal 10% additional damage to enemies suffering from crowd control. (The second hit from Rake will get 10% increased damage because the first hit slows the enemy. Then you can hit with your Q for the 10% increased damage. E -> W -> Q)

Cutthroat - Silence duration increases by .25 seconds per rank. (His silence is so underwhelming that I sometimes feel it wasn't even there aside from cancelling spell casts)

I main Talon and I ravage games with him, but as a champion, he needs these changes. Badly.

Rocket Cow 2

07-15-2012

I agree on the passive, but he's mostly well balanced, if he could jump to a friendly minion he would have too much escapes imo, but maybe i'm wrong

VI VI VI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Talon is strong
A little change on the passive would be cool

DuhbleD

07-15-2012

You're doing it wrong. Talon is fine and stomps at below 1500 elo.

Dishoveled Panda

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superghost6 View Post
I agree on the passive, but he's mostly well balanced, if he could jump to a friendly minion he would have too much escapes imo, but maybe i'm wrong
Really? I think it would be insanely useful, hes like Katarina, he can go in and burst but he needs to be able to escape, which is where Katarina's Shunpo reset comes into play with her. Talon doesn't have this, allowing for him to easily be caught out and shut down.

Thessalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Assassin's meta was 8 months ago. You are late, friend. Unfortunately they QQ'd on the forums so Talon and Akali were destroyed, but now the same people come here everyday demanding a "change in the boring meta", arguing in favor of a shift in top lane.

Dishoveled Panda

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thessalus View Post
Assassin's meta was 8 months ago. You are late, friend. Unfortunately they QQ'd on the forums so Talon and Akali were destroyed, but now the same people come here everyday demanding a "change in the boring meta", arguing in favor of a shift in top lane.
Top lane? Talon is a mid lane champion

ADCisMyReligion

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopePaypayXII View Post
Top lane? Talon is a mid lane champion
Yeah, he was nerfed out of the top lane.

Rocket Cow 2

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopePaypayXII View Post
Really? I think it would be insanely useful, hes like Katarina, he can go in and burst but he needs to be able to escape, which is where Katarina's Shunpo reset comes into play with her. Talon doesn't have this, allowing for him to easily be caught out and shut down.
Yes he does have that, his ult.

Strazzera

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thessalus View Post
Akali is arguably one of the strongest champs right now.

1234511 ... 28