Junglers That Don't Rely On Ganks ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onerblack View Post
I guess I am going this way... Wich one would you recommend for a newbie at jungle?
udyr is really easy to learn with

Directw

07-15-2012

Junglers will be under farmed and under leveled if junglers don't gank.

Onerblack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids View Post
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...4118#chapter30

Every jungler can benefit from a good gank.

However, I would say the junglers that are the least item/farm dependent, yet get a fair amount of free damage in their kit are best for what you're describing.

Many of them clear so fast that counter-jungling/ganking is what you're left with as your camps respawn. Why not take advantage and get some free kills/assists?
Thank you so much, that really helped me :-)

bob000

07-16-2012

Pick Olaf or Udyr, get blue then walk into enemy jungle and pick a fight with their jungler.

KentukyWaterfall

07-16-2012

I propose a different approach. Improve your ganking by playing champions that require solid ganking skill to become monsters. Obviously, don't do this in ranked. Start in Co-op vs ai and work your way up through normals.

To me, the jungler you have that fits the bill is Jarvan. He has a great kit for ganking and it is a challenge to make it work. I basically get wolves, blue, gank mid, wraiths, gank mid, red, golems, gank top/bot.

Think of it this way. You can turn 2 lanes to your team's advantage, but it will take time to learn.

Broodlord03

07-16-2012

I think the air needs to be cleared about what a gank is for. Killing is obviously great, but you gank to keep the laner in check. Keeps him from pushing so hard. If you kill him great, but you should also do a tiny dance if they burn summoners. You are there as a threat, ever present to keep them from pushing a lane to far and to allow your teammates to farm. If your teammates are losing a lane, then you are there to make up for whatever disadvantages they are at. You are the pendulum that keeps the match in check. A successful gank doesn't always mean a kill. But if you guys can get a kill, well thats even better for your team bc he has free farm and xp advantage.

Hieronymus Bosch

07-16-2012

Jungling is pointless if you can't pull off ganks.

Onerblack

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentukyWaterfall View Post
I propose a different approach. Improve your ganking by playing champions that require solid ganking skill to become monsters. Obviously, don't do this in ranked. Start in Co-op vs ai and work your way up through normals.

To me, the jungler you have that fits the bill is Jarvan. He has a great kit for ganking and it is a challenge to make it work. I basically get wolves, blue, gank mid, wraiths, gank mid, red, golems, gank top/bot.

Think of it this way. You can turn 2 lanes to your team's advantage, but it will take time to learn.
I'll try this! So far I played 3 games with Lee Sin. One of them I did pretty bad cause I died on my 2 first ganks

But I was trying to gank a duo top lane, I don't know how to deal with it.

Bob The Average

07-17-2012

Even if a jungler doesn't rely on ganking, his team relies on him to gank. If the enemy jungler is ganking and your jungler isn't your team is a real disadvantage.

However some games your ganks just don't turn out well. I find that rammus and malphite can recover well from wasting their time on failed ganks. Both of them benefit from a heart of gold AND from philo stone.

Onerblack

07-17-2012

People, i am not saying that I want to jungle and don't gank. I just want a jungler that If he can't gank he won't be useless like, i don't know, Riven.

Some games you just can't gank cause your teammates are just pushing really hard their lane or they are winnig their lane and you just don't have a chance to show up...