Darius still giving me trouble

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AceOfSpades2011

Recruiter

07-10-2012

Hey everyone, first off I'm mainly a support Lux for bot lane and I am still having trouble with the few Darius's that choose to go bot with another tanky damage dealer. Everything I do while bot lane is to protect my carry and assist in winning the lane. I stay away from the enemy champs, I ward river, tribush, and bot bushes, and I do damage where necessary as well as protecting my ad carry at all times (gotta sacrifice for the team). The problem I've been having is when a Darius decides he's tanky enough to launch into a full on assault, diving the tower, pulls us both in, Q's hits 2 auto attacks and ults for the win. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated, but please keep it constructive criticism.

Also, I play blind pick SR and have no intentions of doing ranked, therefore counterpicking a darius that you don't even know will be in the game is not really an option.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-10-2012

Double bruiser does really well vs. AD/support lanes. Stack armor, pick a sustain-based champion, and then let your carry farm from a range.

Powerstoned

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfSpades2011 View Post
Hey everyone, first off I'm mainly a support Lux for bot lane and I am still having trouble with the few Darius's that choose to go bot with another tanky damage dealer. Everything I do while bot lane is to protect my carry and assist in winning the lane. I stay away from the enemy champs, I ward river, tribush, and bot bushes, and I do damage where necessary as well as protecting my ad carry at all times (gotta sacrifice for the team). The problem I've been having is when a Darius decides he's tanky enough to launch into a full on assault, diving the tower, pulls us both in, Q's hits 2 auto attacks and ults for the win. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated, but please keep it constructive criticism.

Also, I play blind pick SR and have no intentions of doing ranked, therefore counterpicking a darius that you don't even know will be in the game is not really an option.
Here's the thing with support, or even for your ad bot.
Sometimes, to win bot lane, you need to focus first on auto attack harassing, cs be darned. Lux is trully top notch in this regard, as she's not the best "pure support" (+her shield stinks as the 1 real support ability you really have compared to most supports, and bush illuminating is sometimes rarely needed, it's better for the dmg increase. Lux is better for the "kill lane" mentality, rather than letting your adc play the last hit game for 20 minutes). If you want to simply be the "adc protector" taric, soraka, and janna fill that role better.

I'd also suggest keeping enough distance from your own lane partner, so you both don't ever get hit with the same aoe ability. Sometimes you'll be playing "keep away" from your own teammate on bot, because of either their poor positioning or so that darius can't drag you in. Also have you played much Darius? The best way to learn to counter a champ, is to play them.

AceOfSpades2011

Recruiter

07-10-2012

I have not yet played Darius, just a feeling that I won't really enjoy it. I know the basics of his playstyle and combo but just have trouble with not being destroyed with 2 abilities when I'm not even out of position. Flash is also useless since it is a ranged ult. Lux only has about 900 health at level 6 so his ult hits for about half of my health after a stack or two.

Powerstoned

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOfSpades2011 View Post
I have not yet played Darius, just a feeling that I won't really enjoy it. I know the basics of his playstyle and combo but just have trouble with not being destroyed with 2 abilities when I'm not even out of position. Flash is also useless since it is a ranged ult. Lux only has about 900 health at level 6 so his ult hits for about half of my health after a stack or two.
It's tough, and he's a basturd, but staying just out of his "pull" radius really helps. Ghost might be better than flash when dealing with him as well.
Darius can be enjoyable to play, like a slightly less tanky, yet easier and more powerful version of Garen. He should always be banned or picked imo, not that he doesn't have a few counters, like being poked, slowed and hard cc'd from range (like lux can do well), but he's very strong.
I honestly think darius should get nerfed to the point of just be able to pull 1 enemy in or some sort of a pause to his ability, because as it is, it's 1000x easier and more effective than the similar blitz's pull, and even if you put darius in the support role and starting HoG, he'll still shine with his kit.

AceOfSpades2011

Recruiter

07-11-2012

This whole idea of he should always be banned or picked does not apply to 75% of League of Legends matches, I don't play ranked and don't intend on ever doing so which means counters are not a reliable answer to my issue, but I do thank you for your other tips.

Radial Paladin

07-12-2012

as Lux you should have no problems with Darius unless your terrible as Lux of course.

As others have said CC destroys Darius and i think maybe just maybe thats in Lux's bag of tricks.

B SIDE

07-12-2012

My favorite support vs Darius is Lulu. Slow him all day with Q. When he dives in to Ult, turn him into a squirrel so he gets desperate, then shield and ULT your carry and watch Darius fail hard.

Valrcrist

07-12-2012

Quote:

Honestly, Lux is just very very weak as support, which is probably part of the problem you're having. She has no sustain, her CC all pushes the lane and does nothing to help you if you're already caught with someone on you, and her shield is terrible. If you like playing support, then some of the more "standard" supports such as Taric/Janna would help a lot, since the CC/sustain/protection that they have helps a lot with survivability.

The rest of your problem sounds like the carry being bad. Darius is VERY susceptible to ranged harass, so with most AD carries, it shouldn't be that much trouble to harass him out of lane. Bruisers like Darius are very dependent on both levels and farm to be a threat, so I really don't see how he's ever getting to the point that he can tower dive both of you for a double kill, considering how easy it should be to keep him from getting CS.

Etherimp

07-13-2012

Darius's biggest counter is ganks. He has no sustain, and no escape other than flash/ghost if he is carrying it.