Synergy Item 38 28.15%
Synergy Item: Anti-Farm Version 24 17.78%
Synergy Mastery 48 35.56%
Synergy Runes 17 12.59%
Alternate Mastery 15 11.11%
Global Farm 30 22.22%
I have a radically different idea 23 17.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

A Different Kind of gp10 Item (and other Synergy ideas)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Aylywyn -- interesting ideas, but I really have concerns about anything that "steals" gold from a lanemate. (Can you imagine the rage? Explaining about aura stats would not help.) Why not, rather than -2, +8, go with just +6?

Snes C

07-17-2012

I have a radically different idea.

None of the above.

Blaine Tog

07-17-2012

How about we do this kinda like Assists: half the gold from minion kills is put in a "Synergy" pool, and all allied champions in the vicinity of the champion that killed the minion receive an equal share from the pool. It's still most efficient to have a duo lane bot and a jungler, but the botlane Support isn't so screwed, running a second duo lane isn't a totally bad idea, and having all 5 champions group roam together is not really a valid strategy.

ControlBlue

07-17-2012

I can already see all the rage that will happen with those stealing items.

"I don't care about your +100 HP, I want my gold back, I was that close to get my Zeal, QQ RAGE RAGE!!! REPORT!!"

Aylywyn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
Aylywyn -- interesting ideas, but I really have concerns about anything that "steals" gold from a lanemate. (Can you imagine the rage? Explaining about aura stats would not help.) Why not, rather than -2, +8, go with just +6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlBlue View Post
I can already see all the rage that will happen with those stealing items.

"I don't care about your +100 HP, I want my gold back, I was that close to get my Zeal, QQ RAGE RAGE!!! REPORT!!"
They are fairly generous, cost-efficient Aura Stats though and pay for three times as many, minus about two and a half, Wards for your Lane as you could buy yourself... It's a great deal if people think reasonably about it... wait... :-D...

That's why I prefer the one's where the Buyer gives up Gold rather than the Lanemate "taking" Gold but then you need a Carry that cares.

+6 vs -2/+8 just doesn't seem the same and I feel it would the math on the value somewhere (even though I'm not sure how and am almost certain it wouldn't it _feels_ like it _should_ change the math :-) ). It would certainly change the _distribution_ of the Gold which I feel matters a lot.

"UNIQUE Passive: Gain 6 Gold while within 800 of a Kill" is not too outrageous though it still _feels_ like something for nothing when -2/+8 doesn't, to me...

Another idea is a variant of the Passive I mentioned on Page 4.
-----
Spirit Lantern
[Some early-Game Support-y-type Stats worth desired total Cost in the 1000-1500g Range minus about 175g]
UNIQUE Passive: Gains 1 Charge when within 800 Range(Sight Range?) of an Ally's Kill with no limit for stored Charges.
UNIQUE Active: For the cost of 8 Charges places a Sight Ward at a target location within 600 Range.
-----

That lets a person milk just shy of 10 extra Gold out every Kill. More than the 6 net Gold above because it is limited to buying Wards and less flexible plus somewhat dangerous to use (not to mention likely being out of Range to gain Charges while using Charges...). Also, you could argue for twice the value going 6 Charges per but I like 8 because, and I point this out, the Spirit Lantern would be a slightly-limited "Ward Pouch"/7th Slot if managed creatively.

Wild Panic

07-17-2012

I really want something like this...

simpsonboy77

07-17-2012

Support champions are played as supports because they effectively have no scaling. Alistar's power is in his CC, his base heal, and his ult. What makes him powerful is he can get his cc early on, which leads to a strong early game (I'm talking pre 6). This is also why he is such a strong early ganker while jungling, level 2 is phenomenal.

If you allow the support role to get gold faster (which can be awesome) you run the risk of forcing the super early game champions to cease being viable. Why pick a champion when post level 4 he is outclassed? Its hard to gauge stuff like this since the meta will change drastically. Soraka could just be replaced by a taric with mana manipulator (yes exaggeration but you get the picture). I can't really think of any good examples as they might be radical like jax replacing alistar or something.

ControlBlue

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsonboy77 View Post
Support champions are played as supports because they effectively have no scaling. Alistar's power is in his CC, his base heal, and his ult. What makes him powerful is he can get his cc early on, which leads to a strong early game (I'm talking pre 6). This is also why he is such a strong early ganker while jungling, level 2 is phenomenal.

If you allow the support role to get gold faster (which can be awesome) you run the risk of forcing the super early game champions to cease being viable. Why pick a champion when post level 4 he is outclassed? Its hard to gauge stuff like this since the meta will change drastically. Soraka could just be replaced by a taric with mana manipulator (yes exaggeration but you get the picture). I can't really think of any good examples as they might be radical like jax replacing alistar or something.
That's the problem I'm talking about. The idea behind Synergy is great, but if it is implemented, Support will cease to exist as right now a Support is just a champion that starves well.

They will need to give a better role definition to supports, are they the sustainers of the game, the controllers?? We know what Tanks are needed for, we know why carries are needed? What are Supports needed for? Warding? Everyone can do that! CC? This better not be the chase-garde of Support or else imbalance will ensue.

Personally, In my opinion, Supports ARE the sustainer and toolbox, you need them for your team to outlast odds they wouldn't be able to cope with without a support. They should offer okay damage, but most importantly they need to offer AP/AD scaling utility, either as heals, shields, walls, movement speed, gold, buffs, teleports, ect...

When you bring a Support, you forego damage and survivability but you bring utility to the table. You don't have to if you prefer the 5th to be another AD Carry or another Tank, if you want, the choice is there and you are not forced into it because there is only 4 gold streams for 5 champions.

In a way I could see Synergy becoming a basic mechanic in order to make more strategies viable, however I also want Support to get an identity and Synergy could help with that, sooo..... (Although it being a Mastery would still make it available to ADC or Tanks).

Wizardmon

07-18-2012

GREAT idea!

ControlBlue

07-29-2012

Well, from what Morello's said, they are looking into making support utility scale with AP, indicating that they will either make supports the controllers and toolboxs of the game!

It also indicates that they are likely to implement a way for supports to get gold for items... We MIGHT be getting Synergy to to be a reality one day .