Synergy Item 38 28.15%
Synergy Item: Anti-Farm Version 24 17.78%
Synergy Mastery 48 35.56%
Synergy Runes 17 12.59%
Alternate Mastery 15 11.11%
Global Farm 30 22.22%
I have a radically different idea 23 17.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

A Different Kind of gp10 Item (and other Synergy ideas)

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ultimatepwr

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfuse View Post
I would prefer a localized gold spread, where it's split / shared / given fully / whatever balance works to people around dieing minions. With or without someone actually killing it. That would remove power creep almost completely, and keep an aggressive, high paced environment.
I've played that game. It's called demigod by chris taylor. Its got brilliant champ design, amazing graphics, great sound, amazing map design (6 of them), and sucks massive balls. Because of the lack of minion gold.

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephra View Post
another player who doesnt like supporting. but doesnt realize that supports impact on game is so huge.

same person = the same person who doesnt ever buy wards and oracles. or maybe does 1 ward every 10 mins lol
If you're referring to me: Support is my second-favorite role. I like playing Taric. Although I do wish I had a bit more freedom to play the Items Game and be creative there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatepwr View Post
I've played that game. It's called demigod by chris taylor. Its got brilliant champ design, amazing graphics, great sound, amazing map design (6 of them), and sucks massive balls. Because of the lack of minion gold.
I wouldn't phrase it quite in those terms, but yes, I do think last-hitting is part of the landscape and actually works out okay. It's a little mini-game that's kind of fun, and makes you balance between gradually accumulating power and trying to gain big jumps of power with risky moves.

I think I've heard someone mention Demigod before.

Unfuse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatepwr View Post
Minions giving gold to everyone around them when they die = lack of minion gold? I'll give you a chance to explain this first.

And to the others: I still disagree with 'synergy' runes / masteries, especially those that prevent one from gaining gold by last hitting. Runes / pages are expensive enough as it is, and points are valuable. . It shifts the problem from one area to another without solving it.

My idea isn't perfect, but it changes the whole freaking mechanic that causes the problem rather than trying to change some smaller component that wont have much effect.

SuddenlyPony

07-15-2012

I really like the basic Synergy idea for everyone. It seems like it's the best of all worlds: it doesn't matter who kills the creep, so the support can nab a few last-hits in early lane phase that an ADC with slower early AS might be forced to give up without being raged at for "stealing farm" even if you only get maybe 15 or 20 minions all lane phase.

I also like Global Farm, but it seems like it would encourage AOE fests in top and mid lane so that maximum gold could be accrued, since they go from getting 100% of their own kills to 20%. That would make the annoying Morgana instaban, among others, even more important in draft pick games, and I'm a bit conflicted about the idea of making AOE the meta in other ways....

CupcakeTrap

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenlyPony View Post
I really like the basic Synergy idea for everyone. It seems like it's the best of all worlds: it doesn't matter who kills the creep, so the support can nab a few last-hits in early lane phase that an ADC with slower early AS might be forced to give up without being raged at for "stealing farm" even if you only get maybe 15 or 20 minions all lane phase.

I also like Global Farm, but it seems like it would encourage AOE fests in top and mid lane so that maximum gold could be accrued, since they go from getting 100% of their own kills to 20%. That would make the annoying Morgana instaban, among others, even more important in draft pick games, and I'm a bit conflicted about the idea of making AOE the meta in other ways....
I'm not quite following on the AoE-fest point. Could you explain more?

If anything, I would think that global farm would make people less prone to AoE-farming massive minion waves, because people tend to be a bit selfish and they would no longer be getting as juicy of a personal payoff.

SuddenlyPony

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
I'm not quite following on the AoE-fest point. Could you explain more?

If anything, I would think that global farm would make people less prone to AoE-farming massive minion waves, because people tend to be a bit selfish and they would no longer be getting as juicy of a personal payoff.
But think of what happens if they don't, and the other team does. If one team goes with someone in mid and top who can't AoE farm while the other team goes with champs who can, which team has the higher gold income? Bot would be getting pretty much 100% CS due to having two people farming, but that's only about 25% of the total gold stream per side, right? If top and mid on one team can't get their own CS totals up around 100%, it means a net LOSS of gold for their entire team (except the support, but then, any income is an increase for supports) - them included. If they decide to forgo minion farm and try for personal gold through kills, they stunt their entire team's gold flow. If they get continually pushed and their farm is denied, 25% of their entire team's farm is denied. Therefore, the only way to keep the gold flowing is to run aoe farmers.

Gummibear

07-15-2012

I figured this would be a better place to put this than your main thread, as its related to how you would actually implement the system.

I like the idea of synergy as a whole, but there is currently a problem with item selection in general that I think prevents it from being as good of an idea as it could be. Namely, there is no real support stat other than CDR, which is fairly easy for supports to max on by a reasonable time even with 0 farm.

Currently, if you just implemented this, a lot of traditional supports would drastically change in playstyle, not just become a stronger version of their current selves. Basically, it's because AP isn't really a "supporty" stat; it only really scales the damage and healing parts of a support's kit. It won't give Janna more interrupts or buffs for allies. For players who actually enjoy playing traditional support, but in ways that aren't heavily focused on healbotting, you are kind of crippling the style.

So what do we need? Optimally, we could use some items like reverie, that really give you more support oomph in a teamfight.

1) Animal Transfiguration Device

25 AP
200 HP
10% CDR
15% Attack Speed
Unique Active: Transforms the target into a cute animal for 2 seconds, silencing them and making them unable to attack, as well as lowering their base movement speed by 30.
Amplifying Tome + Dagger + Kindlegem + 795g = 2500g

This item provides supports with a very desirable active, while making sure that any other role doesn't want it too badly. The stats are low enough for the price, and there are wasted stats for basically every role, so it isn't an efficient gold purchase. This means that only people who don't scale particularly well with other stats and really want the active would buy it. (The AS is to make sure mages don't get great value, and is nice for champs like Alistar and Taric. It could be something else, this is just an example.)

If we had more items like this, I would be very happy to see synergy implemented, as you could have a lot of variety botlane without really excluding more "traditional" supports from being awesome.

Matt516

07-15-2012

SYNERGy MECHANIC WHERE?

Matt516

07-15-2012

Btw, IMO the global gold sharing is a TERRIBLE idea. Though the rest of them are great.

Unfuse

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummibear View Post
I figured this would be a better place to put this than your main thread, as its related to how you would actually implement the system.

I like the idea of synergy as a whole, but there is currently a problem with item selection in general that I think prevents it from being as good of an idea as it could be. Namely, there is no real support stat other than CDR, which is fairly easy for supports to max on by a reasonable time even with 0 farm.

Currently, if you just implemented this, a lot of traditional supports would drastically change in playstyle, not just become a stronger version of their current selves. Basically, it's because AP isn't really a "supporty" stat; it only really scales the damage and healing parts of a support's kit. It won't give Janna more interrupts or buffs for allies. For players who actually enjoy playing traditional support, but in ways that aren't heavily focused on healbotting, you are kind of crippling the style.

So what do we need? Optimally, we could use some items like reverie, that really give you more support oomph in a teamfight.

1) Animal Transfiguration Device

25 AP
200 HP
10% CDR
15% Attack Speed
Unique Active: Transforms the target into a cute animal for 2 seconds, silencing them and making them unable to attack, as well as lowering their base movement speed by 30.
Amplifying Tome + Dagger + Kindlegem + 795g = 2500g

This item provides supports with a very desirable active, while making sure that any other role doesn't want it too badly. The stats are low enough for the price, and there are wasted stats for basically every role, so it isn't an efficient gold purchase. This means that only people who don't scale particularly well with other stats and really want the active would buy it. (The AS is to make sure mages don't get great value, and is nice for champs like Alistar and Taric. It could be something else, this is just an example.)

If we had more items like this, I would be very happy to see synergy implemented, as you could have a lot of variety botlane without really excluding more "traditional" supports from being awesome.
so.... an 'i am lulu but didnt want to pick lulu' item?

123456 ... 7