AD Melee time... but who?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Debonair Teemo

07-16-2012

Copypasted from a post I made in GD, figured it probably made more sense to ask it here and it wouldn't get bumped off in 5 seconds.

Anyway....

Have narrowed it down to Riven, Fiora and Irelia. I'm getting a little tired of playing ranged characters and figure it's probably worth diversifying my abilities a little bit before I hit level 30.

Now, I haven't really done too much research into them, and haven't really played them either besides Fiora a few times during free week and Riven / Irelia on a friend's account awhile back. I picked these three because...

- They're all pretty good as far as mobility goes. Being able to move in and out of combat relatively easily is a make or break thing for me if I'm going to be in the middle of things.
- They aren't tanks. Quite honestly, I've been playing champions like Lux and Ashe for so long in League (as well as similar selections in DotA and HoN) that the idea of building tanky feels counterintuitive and awkward. It's likely in my best interests to pick up a tank SOMETIME... but not now.
- They're fast. There are two things I like in MOBAs - skillshots and speed. Quick combos that are fun to execute? From watching some streams and a little bit of playing experience - check. I've had a good enough taste of the skillshot game for now.
- Last but probably not least, I just found them interesting at first glance. :3

Anything anyone could tell me that might help me narrow it down to ONE (because IP is so hard to get ;-; ) or any other potential champs that seem like they would fit my playstyle that people have in mind would be appreciated. ^^

Boomstick II

07-16-2012

Riven is probably the strongest of those three atm (things could change w/ buffs/nerfs)

Personally, I enjoy playing Fiora the most due to very little mana issues, and her "speediness".

Irelia is alright, she's not amazing due to repeated nerfs. I tend to have a lot of mana issues with her, and I always feel so weak unless I happen to get fed.

GremFandango

07-16-2012

Irelia is best built TANKY Raduins + Frozen Mallet tenacity boots and either FoN or the other and she can be a freaking pain in team fights