Fizz vs Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roastz

07-15-2012

Whos better overall which includes early mid and late game? I know this is opinion based but i would just like to know of the 2 which do you guys prefer

If I was Mid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

As an experienced player who has mained Twisted Fate for a while, and has played Fizz for more than 40 games during his release week and some time after, I would say that a good Fizz may be able to shutdown the Twisted Fate in lane and keep him from ulting to other lanes, but when TF gets blue buff, he can push and gank with little threat, unless Fizz lands good ults and pretty much jumps on TF the whole game.
TF applies a lot of pushing pressure and will outfarm Fizz, leaving Fizz unable to gank without losing a lot of farm, while TF can gate bottom.
TF will probably snowball his team easily, and if he's running at least 13 MR, he shouldn't get blown up by Fizz, and will be able to exceed Fizz in the mid game.

If the TF doesn't camp top and bottom and gank well, and the lane turns into a farm off, Fizz with equal items vs. TF should win. His AoE CC ultimate with 1.0 AP scaling is a great supplemental initiation, and his assassination becomes truly deadly late game with Hat and Lich Bane.
TF with blue, however, can do great poke mid, and can win if he pokes down the enemy team before team fights.

Overall, it depends on who is the better ganker.
At higher elo, I would say that Twisted Fate would be the better choice and more versatile in a team comp.
Basically...
In a 1v1 mid, Fizz can probably kill TF if he doesn't push and gank and play very cautiously, and then Fizz can zone TF, gank other lanes, kill him repeatedly if he gets blue buff.
Late game Fizz outscales TF with same items... but Twisted Fate can completely snowball his team's bottom lane, take objectives, and give his team 10% more gold from minions, which can make your late game success a gamble.

If you can kill TF with your jungler, pick Fizz. If there's low jungle presence and your bot lane has CC, Twisted Fate will pretty much always be the better pick for how much he provides to a team.
You have to remember that a fed TF can also stun you in a team fight if you try to jump on someone. (I know you can E but I'm assuming he's timing around that.)

You have to consider a lot of what I've said above. It's a highly skill and teamcomp -based matchup.

Roastz

07-15-2012

Thanks for the response it has really helped me decide on which to play