Kassadin or Katarina !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ur little sister

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onerblack View Post
Can't agree with you on these.... Rylai's dosen't provide the damage that Katarina needs, and it's tons of gold... Rush gunblade it's much better (Scarra words)

CDR it sounds good, but it's not really good. You don't needed when your CD are not high and you have your passive (remember: Katarina is awesome for her passive, not only her ult).

But that's just my opinion ^^
Read my post again sir. I was stating that those claims you rebutted are claims that are very often made about Katarina that are dead wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusaw4 View Post
I agree with you as well. I play Kat quite often and generally do pretty well with her. Best way I've found to play her is to harass/CS with your Q (usually max that first) and then once they're down enough to burst to death, W -> E and ult if there's no CC to stop it.

Also agree about Rylai's, although I generally do incorporate it in my build, I start with dorans, get basic boots and rush revolver. From revolver, depending on how I'm doing, I usually get giant's belt, then rabadon's before I finish rylai's and then finish gunblade, That's just personal preference though, I know most people will say rush gunblade before anything else. Personally, I think just the revolver is enough vamp and AP early game to rush rabadans, that way by the time the laning phase ends you've got a revolver, sorc boots, rabadans, and at least part of rylai's. I generally don't finish the gunblade until mid to late game phase, although many will argue against that due to the active of gunblade doing true damage and slow. In my opinion, the slow doesn't last long enough to make it extremely important right away, though the true damage is nice, without CC to stop your ult a well-timed shunpo ult and exhaust as soon as your ult starts works just fine (casting exhaust will not stop your ult while it's running)
1) You're delaying Gunblade by a mile. The reason you rush it is because it's your main damage item. Doing the math on it, you'll find that it, as a single item, offers you more burst damage than deathcap, and AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT of damage more than Rylai. The math on the second statement is posted in a thread I made in this guides & strategy section, currently on page 2.
2) Gunblade active is magic damage
3) Exhaust is utterly useless if you incorporate Rylai or Gunblade into your build because the slows don't stack. Your claim that the slow doesn't last long enough is wrong, because it lasts 3 seconds. Shunpo is instantaneous and has the same range as the hextech active (casting time makes your shunpo about coincide with the hextech bullet hitting the ennemy), and your ult lasts 3 seconds. Hextech slow lasts for your entire ult. The reason it might not work for you is lack of smartcasting?
It's also the strongest slow you can get. (Hextech is 50%. Rylai is 35% for half the time and 15% for the other half, exhaust is 40%)
Ignite is far superior because:
- it secures kills, thus proccing voracity and allowing for a higher damage output
- ignite > heals and sustain during your ult
- also doesn't cancel your ult
- does not become utterly useless after the 16 minute mark (when you should be hitting Gblade)

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12w23e34 View Post
If you are saying something about me, please don't D:. I like Kat a lot and I never said anything to disparege(I think I spelled this wrong) her. Kat is a great champ, I just play Kass more often.
I wasn't talking about you mate . It was aimed at the guy saying Katarina is trash/unviable above 800 ELO, which is just obviously wrong when you see TnA or Scarra carry with her at 2400. It was kind of confusing though seeing as OP posted the same reply to 2 different people, didn't even notice that xD

acosn

07-15-2012

Kassadin's ban bait.

Katarina's a counter pick.

Take your pick, but just realize that neither character sees a ton of action in draft mode.

Fiel Servidor

07-15-2012

kassarina

Noxian Mercenary

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
Kassadin's ban bait.

Katarina's a counter pick.

Take your pick, but just realize that neither character sees a ton of action in draft mode.
Katarina isn't a counter pick to anybody really, except for maybe Lux. See the problem with her is that every bit of CC (save for snares, slows, and blinds) counters her. Since every mid tends to have CC...you get the idea.

What Katarina counters is solo-queue teams. She excels at finding people out of place and out of line, and making them pay. SHE is the one who can go to the enemy's AD Carry and take apart piece by piece.

That being said, a good Katarina can do well vs almost any midlane. Mordekaiser, Leblanc, and Malzahar ar the only mids that she will absolutely fail against (provided same skill level).

Buk Lau

07-15-2012

well if you want the better hero its kassadin, tho hes banned alot in ranked. Up to you.

q12w23e34

07-15-2012

yeah. If you want to use him you usually have to know how to ban the champs you want banned and force them to ban other champs over kassadin. Good teams can wreck Kat, but idk if you even play draft/ranked. If you don't buy kasadin. He is also being less banned in draft recently.

PlayWithMe69

07-15-2012

Also keep in mind that since Kassadin is a melee champ with technically only 1 ranged move (which is single target), it can be very bothersome to farm early in the game.

PlayWithMe69

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur little sister View Post
Read my post again sir. I was stating that those claims you rebutted are claims that are very often made about Katarina that are dead wrong.

1) You're delaying Gunblade by a mile. The reason you rush it is because it's your main damage item. Doing the math on it, you'll find that it, as a single item, offers you more burst damage than deathcap, and AN ENORMOUS AMOUNT of damage more than Rylai. The math on the second statement is posted in a thread I made in this guides & strategy section, currently on page 2.
2) Gunblade active is magic damage
3) Exhaust is utterly useless if you incorporate Rylai or Gunblade into your build because the slows don't stack. Your claim that the slow doesn't last long enough is wrong, because it lasts 3 seconds. Shunpo is instantaneous and has the same range as the hextech active (casting time makes your shunpo about coincide with the hextech bullet hitting the ennemy), and your ult lasts 3 seconds. Hextech slow lasts for your entire ult. The reason it might not work for you is lack of smartcasting?
It's also the strongest slow you can get. (Hextech is 50%. Rylai is 35% for half the time and 15% for the other half, exhaust is 40%)
Ignite is far superior because:
- it secures kills, thus proccing voracity and allowing for a higher damage output
- ignite > heals and sustain during your ult
- also doesn't cancel your ult
- does not become utterly useless after the 16 minute mark (when you should be hitting Gblade)

I wasn't talking about you mate . It was aimed at the guy saying Katarina is trash/unviable above 800 ELO, which is just obviously wrong when you see TnA or Scarra carry with her at 2400. It was kind of confusing though seeing as OP posted the same reply to 2 different people, didn't even notice that xD
^This guy has it right.

Noxian Mercenary

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFishXD View Post
well if you want the better hero its kassadin, tho hes banned alot in ranked. Up to you.
"Better."

I laugh at you and your pathetic mind. Katarina has 50x the potential Kassadin has.

NO BORDER NP

07-15-2012

Kassadin. Nuff said