Kassadin or Katarina !

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mungril

07-15-2012

Hey !

These are the two AP champions I am interested in to buy. I will only buy one so if you guys don't mind, who do you think is the better AP melee champion. Please give me reasons with your answer if you can.

Thank you !

AtomicWaffles

07-15-2012

Kassadin is much better because he counters AP mid. Katarina relies to much on her ultimate to do damage but it can be interrupted very easily. If you are 800 or below katarina is better, 800+ elo get kassadin

q12w23e34

07-15-2012

although you could be a good kat player and know when to ult. Also, just geting an assist off of bouncing blade could reset your basic skills and busrt even more. Kass is usually banned in draft but is less and less banned. You will pubstomp easily with kass in blind pick as very few people counter him. I would recomend Kassadin

Mungril

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12w23e34 View Post
although you could be a good kat player and know when to ult. Also, just geting an assist off of bouncing blade could reset your basic skills and busrt even more. Kass is usually banned in draft but is less and less banned. You will pubstomp easily with kass in blind pick as very few people counter him. I would recomend Kassadin
Thank you for your answers, do you think there are other great AP champions that are worth buying (other than Fizz, he's just not my type)?

Mungril

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovan1111 View Post
Kassadin is much better because he counters AP mid. Katarina relies to much on her ultimate to do damage but it can be interrupted very easily. If you are 800 or below katarina is better, 800+ elo get kassadin
Thank you for your answers, do you think there are other great AP champions that are worth buying (other than Fizz, he's just not my type)?

vSprixus

07-15-2012

Ahri is a strong AP. Brand does very well in mid elo brackets. Malzahar is getting some nice buffs. La Blanc burst is pretty crazy in the early to mid game.

Ur little sister

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
Don't listen to him, he's wrong. Trust me, I'm a kat main (on my main account, not this smurf. inb4 lolking checking).

- Kassadin is a strong meta counter. He directly counters most mages in lane, and has a strong lategame. That being said, he is often banned, and he is very easily countered by teams who have a bit of versitility mid (and for example can send an AD champion mid).

- Katarina is a potent champion, but very difficult to play. There is also a lot of misinformation and misconception about her, so if you choose to learn her, be very careful where you learn her from. Basically, as soon as anybody tells you:
- Her ultimate is her main/most important skill
- Rylai is a great 1st or 2nd item on her
- CDR is an important stat on her
stop listening and run.

Katarina's a great assassin, with the highest burst damage potential in the game. She is however reliant on ennemy positioning mistakes to fully do her job, as well as being particularly vulnerable against tanky dps teams. THAT (and not some stupid arguement about "cc completely destroying her" or some other arguement coming from people who haven't even ever seen a decent Katarina) is the reason she's not viable in high level premade ranked games.
In soloqueue, she is played succesfully at all ELO ranges.

If you want to learn her:
- my own guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...n-build-221824
- 2400 ELO katarina main who pretty much ony played katarina to get to said ELO: TiensiNoAkuma, http://www.youtube.com/user/ballubber
- Equal-ish ELO player who is a professional mid player (Dignitas?) and plays Katarina in soloqueue succesfully as well: Scarra. You can find kat videos from him by entering "Scarra Katarina" in youtube.

Onerblack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur little sister View Post

Can't agree with you on these.... Rylai's dosen't provide the damage that Katarina needs, and it's tons of gold... Rush gunblade it's much better (Scarra words)

CDR it sounds good, but it's not really good. You don't needed when your CD are not high and you have your passive (remember: Katarina is awesome for her passive, not only her ult).

But that's just my opinion ^^

Rusaw4

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onerblack View Post
Can't agree with you on these.... Rylai's dosen't provide the damage that Katarina needs, and it's tons of gold... Rush gunblade it's much better (Scarra words)

CDR it sounds good, but it's not really good. You don't needed when your CD are not high and you have your passive (remember: Katarina is awesome for her passive, not only her ult).

But that's just my opinion ^^
I agree with you as well. I play Kat quite often and generally do pretty well with her. Best way I've found to play her is to harass/CS with your Q (usually max that first) and then once they're down enough to burst to death, W -> E and ult if there's no CC to stop it.

Also agree about Rylai's, although I generally do incorporate it in my build, I start with dorans, get basic boots and rush revolver. From revolver, depending on how I'm doing, I usually get giant's belt, then rabadon's before I finish rylai's and then finish gunblade, That's just personal preference though, I know most people will say rush gunblade before anything else. Personally, I think just the revolver is enough vamp and AP early game to rush rabadans, that way by the time the laning phase ends you've got a revolver, sorc boots, rabadans, and at least part of rylai's. I generally don't finish the gunblade until mid to late game phase, although many will argue against that due to the active of gunblade doing true damage and slow. In my opinion, the slow doesn't last long enough to make it extremely important right away, though the true damage is nice, without CC to stop your ult a well-timed shunpo ult and exhaust as soon as your ult starts works just fine (casting exhaust will not stop your ult while it's running)

q12w23e34

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur little sister View Post
Don't listen to him, he's wrong. Trust me, I'm a kat main (on my main account, not this smurf. inb4 lolking checking).

- Kassadin is a strong meta counter. He directly counters most mages in lane, and has a strong lategame. That being said, he is often banned, and he is very easily countered by teams who have a bit of versitility mid (and for example can send an AD champion mid).

- Katarina is a potent champion, but very difficult to play. There is also a lot of misinformation and misconception about her, so if you choose to learn her, be very careful where you learn her from. Basically, as soon as anybody tells you:
- Her ultimate is her main/most important skill
stop listening and run.

Katarina's a great assassin, with the highest burst damage potential in the game. She is however reliant on ennemy positioning mistakes to fully do her job, as well as being particularly vulnerable against tanky dps teams. THAT (and not some stupid arguement about "cc completely destroying her" or some other arguement coming from people who haven't even ever seen a decent Katarina) is the reason she's not viable in high level premade ranked games.
In soloqueue, she is played succesfully at all ELO ranges.

If you want to learn her:
- my own guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...n-build-221824
- 2400 ELO katarina main who pretty much ony played katarina to get to said ELO: TiensiNoAkuma, http://www.youtube.com/user/ballubber
- Equal-ish ELO player who is a professional mid player (Dignitas?) and plays Katarina in soloqueue succesfully as well: Scarra. You can find kat videos from him by entering "Scarra Katarina" in youtube.
If you are saying something about me, please don't D:. I like Kat a lot and I never said anything to disparege(I think I spelled this wrong) her. Kat is a great champ, I just play Kass more often.